VOGONS

First post, by b_rros

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi, I'm testing an AWE32 CT3980 on my old IBM 450DX2, and I can't select the 220 base adrress, the card is detected at 280.
But after the setup changed the autoexec.bat and config.sys files I'm getting this error on boot:

ktka.jpg

After that if I try to run the diagnose program, the card is detected at the 280 address, but I get a different error, this one?

at8r.jpg

Any help?

Reply 1 of 3, by bristlehog

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

We need your boots, your clothes and your autoexec.bat/config.sys contents!

Hardware comparisons and game system requirements: https://technical.city

Reply 2 of 3, by kithylin

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Did this card -EVER- work in any system before? Is it just now throwing these errors for some reason?

Can you try the same card in another system to see if the card is actually faulty? Maybe delete all the autoexec.bat/config.sys blaster entries and the software folder and re-run the install from the disc again to see if it re-detects and re-enables it again.

Reply 3 of 3, by b_rros

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I did just that, I recover the autoexec.bat and config.sys and tried again with a different set of drivers, the vogonsdrivers CD image for AWE32. I don't get that error any more. And the card is working fine, It automatically changes the IO address to 280 and IRQ 10, DMA 3, I'm used to use the cards at address 220 IRQ 5 DMA 1, but when I try to select DMA 1 it tells me the DMA is used by another system device. Is there a way to see what is using it?