VOGONS

First post, by b_rros

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi,

I recently got this old desktop with a Pentium 75 MHz, when I boot the PC it appears as a Pentium 100, I guess there's some jumpers in the wrong place. The thing is I can't find what motherboard is this, I googled everything I can see, but found nothing, there's no model nr. or brand in the motherboard, any help, here's the picture:

IMG_0010_zpsd33631a9.jpg

Reply 1 of 12, by Skyscraper

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I have no idea what board it is but the FSB jumper settings is written on the board.

Change the FSB from 66 MHz to 50 MHz. 1.5x66 = 100 MHz ----> 1.5x50 = 75 MHz.
It is very unlikely the board is running at 2*50 MHz.

New PC: i9 12900K @5GHz all cores @1.2v. MSI PRO Z690-A. 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14. 3070Ti.
Old PC: Dual Xeon X5690@4.6GHz, EVGA SR-2, 48GB DDR3R@2000MHz, Intel X25-M. GTX 980ti.
Older PC: K6-3+ 400@600MHz, PC-Chips M577, 256MB SDRAM, AWE64, Voodoo Banshee.

Reply 2 of 12, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

b_rros, if you really intend to find out what board you have, then one place is to look through total hardware 99 (more commonly known as th99, google that) and look through the pictures of Socket 5/Socket 7 boards and see if you can find one that looks veeery similar.
Though personally I wouldn't really bother since, as Skyscraper already mentioned, it seems all important jumper settings are already printed on the PCB.

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 4 of 12, by Robin4

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I thought FIC boards did always used black memory slots. But there are familar to common use VIA chipsets..

A little bit more information from the topic starter should recommend..
Do you have a better picture of the chipset?

~ At least it can do black and white~

Reply 5 of 12, by b_rros

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Tetrium wrote:

b_rros, if you really intend to find out what board you have, then one place is to look through total hardware 99 (more commonly known as th99, google that) and look through the pictures of Socket 5/Socket 7 boards and see if you can find one that looks veeery similar.
Though personally I wouldn't really bother since, as Skyscraper already mentioned, it seems all important jumper settings are already printed on the PCB.

I tried to find it... and failed!!! That page is as good as counting sheeps to fall asleep 😀

And as you said after changing the jumpers as Skyscraper mentioned the board is already recognizing the Pentium 75.
I guess I will use this board to replace my 486 DX 33 MHz and use my AWE32, here it is

Photo22-02-14152158_zps85dda9c8.jpg

Reply 6 of 12, by GeorgeMan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Whoa! Very nice!

1. Athlon XP 3200+ | ASUS A7V600 | Radeon 9500 @ Pro | SB Audigy 2 ZS | 80GB IDE, 500GB SSD IDE2Sata, 2x1TB HDDs | Win 98SE, XP, Vista
2. Pentium MMX 266| Qdi Titanium IIIB | Hercules graphics & Amber monitor | 1 + 10GB HDDs | DOS 6.22, Win 3.1, 95C

Reply 7 of 12, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

@ b_rros:

Dude, that's one heck of a nice looking rig! 😁

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 8 of 12, by idspispopd

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

A Pentium 75 is often easily overclocked to 90 or 100 MHz so the jumpers are not necessarily wrong, they might have been intentionally set to that position.

Reply 10 of 12, by b_rros

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
idspispopd wrote:

A Pentium 75 is often easily overclocked to 90 or 100 MHz so the jumpers are not necessarily wrong, they might have been intentionally set to that position.

The PC was working fine at 100 MHz, but I will use this PC to replace an old 486 so I don't need the extra 25 MHz 😀