First post, by enginesol

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi!

Currently I have 3 MIDI modules. 12717649445_31293f3fc4_c.jpg

Each module has a USB-MIDI Cable: USB-MIDI-Cable-HU-A602-.jpg

Ok

Also I have the audio cables ( I have these 2 types of cables) 31A-7FJ61AL.jpg and 31ww1wXgp4L.jpg

Ok

The problem is that I can only connect a MIDI module each time, I wanted to have 3 midi module ever online on my computer and choose the one I need at the time.

To say that my computer has only one audio input / audio.
How could I do? ... What I need?

Thank you very much!

Reply 1 of 5, by elianda

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

You either Daisy-Chain your modules or use three USB adapters at different virtual ports.
An external mixer for the three audio sources would also be appropriate.

Retronn.de - Vintage Hardware Gallery, Drivers, Guides, Videos. Now with file search
Youtube Channel
FTP Server - Driver Archive and more
DVI2PCIe alignment and 2D image quality measurement tool

Reply 3 of 5, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

A better and more expensive solution is to use a midi thru box and a sound mixer. Here is my current setup:

25k35ae.jpg

The Kenton Thru-5 box takes one midi source and splits it in 5 , so all my modules have a midi signal. That way you can power on/off them at will, you are no longer depending on their "midi thru" port in the back that needs the unit powered to pass data to the next daisy chained one.
Then it's just a matter of using a mixer and/or an audio selector box and listen to whatever device you want easily.

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website