VOGONS

AWE64 Sound Card I/O Conflicts

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 25, by manic232

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks I did try CTCM.EXE but could not seem to figure how to change the port, I wasn't talking about the Serial/parallel port changes, I meant the IRQ PNP/ISA changes in the BIOS

My System: SuperMicro P6SBA Motherboard, Win98SE, PIII 600Mhz, 256MB Ram, Voodoo 5 5500, SB AWE 64 Gold Sound Card, Roland LAPC-I

Reply 21 of 25, by d1stortion

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

That's for reserving IRQs for non-PnP cards, so that the system won't try assigning those to PnP cards. PnP OS I'm not quite sure about, it never seemed to make a difference for me. I guess it's better turned off for DOS.

Reply 23 of 25, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
manic232 wrote:

Thanks I did try CTCM.EXE but could not seem to figure how to change the port, I wasn't talking about the Serial/parallel port changes, I meant the IRQ PNP/ISA changes in the BIOS

I believe I'm covering this in the following video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2TWI1DUg74

My website with reviews, demos, drivers, tutorials and more...
My YouTube channel

Reply 24 of 25, by manic232

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks for the link Mau1wurf1977 I'll check that out when I next get a chance

My System: SuperMicro P6SBA Motherboard, Win98SE, PIII 600Mhz, 256MB Ram, Voodoo 5 5500, SB AWE 64 Gold Sound Card, Roland LAPC-I

Reply 25 of 25, by manic232

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

SUCCESS! Thanks for all your help guys, I have now managed to get my LAPC-I working! I just changed the MIDI port on my AWE64 in DOS using CTCU.EXE I changed it to port 300 and now as if my magic everything is working, I LOVE YOU ALL!!