VOGONS

First post, by adslh8yp

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi all,

I've been reading this forum for quite some time, first time posting (and using an account 🤣).
I'm putting together an AMD k6-2+ 533 setup and have the Soyo SY-5EMA+.

I am having trouble finding chipset drivers (and anything else that came with it), would anyone have any idea where to get these?
I have googled, and usually end up at 404 🙁

It uses an ETEQ chipset (rebranded via I believe, but via drivers don't work as it has been slightly modified).

Any help would be amazing! 😀

Reply 1 of 6, by akula65

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I have a retail SY-5EMA+, and it includes a CD-ROM with 550 MB of stuff for the mainboard. This CD-ROM is labeled "Main Board CD Manuals & Drivers Rev20000201". However, the printed Quick Start Guide indicates that the included ETEQ 4in1 package includes all of the required drivers for the mainboard. I am attaching a ZIP archive of the folder with these ETEQ drivers.

I checked the Soyo site in 2003 and pulled down all of the files for this board, but no additional drivers were available. Only manuals and a BIOS upgrade were available at that time.

Note that you have to set a number of DIP switches to match your CPU for proper operation with this board. Do you have any manuals?

Attachments

• Filename
    eteq4in1.zip
    File size
    967.34 KiB
    Downloads
    269 downloads
    File comment
    Soyo SY-5EMA+ ETEQ 4in1 Drivers
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 2 of 6, by adslh8yp

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi Akula85,

Thank you so much for the reply!
I've spent ages today trying to find the drivers or where I can get them.
All I found were dead links and one eBay auction for a CD/manual for another Soyo board that apparently also have drivers for this one (http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTIwMFgxNjAw/z/ehgA … 1TCsww/$_57.JPG).
But with the $20usd postage...🤣

I have a copy of the manual as a PDF (m5em1011.PDF), so there shouldn't be any issues with the dip switches (just the annoyance)

I don't currently have all of the hardware so that'll be for another day. But this should be fun, and since my current PC (a 6 core AMD 1090+) doesn't support a lot of the games I want to play, and dos-box isn't my preferred method.

Reply 3 of 6, by akula65

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I am attaching a PDF copy of the Quick Start Guide (just in case).

Attachments

• Filename
    q5em1015.pdf
    File size
    788.1 KiB
    Downloads
    220 downloads
    File comment
    Soyo SY-5EMA+ Quick Start Guide
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 4 of 6, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

This forum is for Windows games. As k hardware and driver questions in Marvin..

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers

Reply 6 of 6, by adslh8yp

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Bad news...I cant get it to post...actually can't get anything on the screen or even a single beep.
Though the GPU does warm up a little if left on for 10mins or so...but that's it.

I've just had the time to put this pc together.
However it simply doesn't work.

I'm only connecting the basics to test:

500w PSU
3dfx voodoo 3-3000 (agp), gf2-200 (agp), s3 trio (pci)
64/128/256 (3 of each tested one module at a time)
AMD k6-2-533
AMD k6-2-533+
Simple CPU fan
CMOS was reset using jumper

When switched on the cpu fan spins up, psu fan spins up, power led comes on.

That's it... no sound via the pc speaker.
As per the above specs i tried multiple video cards, ram sticks and 2 cpu (which have been confirmed to work).

I used the official 5.0x jumper settings, even tried to set to 400mhz and lower bus/ram freq.

Since it doesn't even give a simple beep I can only assume that the board is dead.

The packing was horrible, no protection for the board from static what so ever.

A box with foam on the ends only, so physically it's fine but i'm pretty sure static from going over seas would have killed it.