VOGONS

First post, by dave343

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Having some mouse issues.

I just tossed together a 2nd system, was suppose to be a K6-2 300 but ebay seller sent wrong CPU, so for now it's a 233mmx. Anyways, I got Windows 95 C installed, along with all the drivers, chipset drivers, SB16 (CT2940) drivers, ATI Mach 64 (Rage II 3D) drivers... and it's running great... except for the PS2 Mouse. I'm on a ASUS TX97-E board with a PS2 port for mouse and the PS2 port wires are plugged into the onboard header as I didn't have the official one from Asus. (trying to source one). The problem is the mouse keeps locking up, or stops working. When Windows 95 boots, the mouse will work great for about 30 seconds and then stop. The cursor stays on the screen, it just stops responding. Everything else on the system keeps functioning perfect, sound still works etc...

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Specs are:

Intel 233mmx
Asus TX97-E (Latest 0112E Bios)
128MB EDO
ATI Rage II 3D 2MB
3DFX Voodoo II 8mb
Creative Labs CT2940 Sound Blaster 16 ISA
6GB WD Cavier
42x CD
Windows 95C

Reply 1 of 1, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
dave343 wrote:

I'm on a ASUS TX97-E board with a PS2 port for mouse and the PS2 port wires are plugged into the onboard header as I didn't have the official one from Asus. (trying to source one).

You mean you're missing the little black connector block that holds the pins, as pictured in http://img842.imageshack.us/i/mov8l.jpg/ (from this thread) ?

It seems to me it's quite likely that your wires are contacting each other and that you shouldn't bother trying until you get that connector. I suppose you could try wrapping them in paper somehow, but surely it is not unexpected that a kludge would cause mysterious problems?