VOGONS

Help identifying sound cards

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 24, by Nahkri

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Thx for the info,windows98 identified the soundcard as a Media Vision Audio Deluxe/ProSonic/Jazz-16 installed drivers for it,only problem i got it's that the spk out doesn't work i'm getting sound only from the line in conector,i think it's something jumper related.

Reply 21 of 24, by LunarG

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Nahkri wrote:

Thx for the info,windows98 identified the soundcard as a Media Vision Audio Deluxe/ProSonic/Jazz-16 installed drivers for it,only problem i got it's that the spk out doesn't work i'm getting sound only from the line in conector,i think it's something jumper related.

I take it you mean you only get sound from the "line-out", right?
This isn't really a problem. Old sound cards like these, usually had an amplified output, for running those small passive "multimedia" speakers. This output could damage the inputs on devices that required "line-level" signals. Using "Line-out" would be the best option with any modern speakers or with dedicated amplifiers and similar.

WinXP : PIII 1.4GHz, 512MB RAM, 73GB SCSI HDD, Matrox Parhelia, SB Audigy 2.
Win98se : K6-3+ 500MHz, 256MB RAM, 80GB HDD, Matrox Millennium G400 MAX, Voodoo 2, SW1000XG.
DOS6.22 : Intel DX4, 64MB RAM, 1.6GB HDD, Diamond Stealth64 DRAM, GUS 1MB, SB16.

Reply 22 of 24, by Nahkri

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
LunarG wrote:

No i mean the line in,as u can see from the picture the card has 3 conectors ,out,mic and in,i only get sound from the out conector.

IMG_2025_zpsc9562c87.jpg

I looked on the card to see if there is a jumper that maybe changes on which conector do i get sound but couldn't find any,here are some pics with the jumpers i found.

IMG_2026_zpsb1768a0f.jpg

IMG_2027_zps49090174.jpg

IMG_2028_zpsd3594375.jpg

Reply 23 of 24, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Nahkri wrote:
LunarG wrote:

No i mean the line in,as u can see from the picture the card has 3 conectors ,out,mic and in,i only get sound from the out conector.

Typo?

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto

Reply 24 of 24, by Predator99

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Zombie Thread, just like to report that I have a similar card running. First it appeared dead, but after switching some random jumpers (see photo for working config) it was detected by the install-programm.

device=c:\prosonic\pros.sys P240 I5 D1 E1 T330 Q2

IMG_0064.JPG
Filename
IMG_0064.JPG
File size
1.73 MiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception
PASr.jpg
Filename
PASr.jpg