First post, by Mau1wurf1977
User adz started this "what retro activity did you get up to today?" thread on overclockers australia. Now OCAU is not dedicated to retro computing, but that thread is very busy. Here the link for anyone interested:
So I though, why not have one for VOGONS?
The idea is that you can post anything and everything that you did that has something to do with retro computers. This way people don't need to open new threads when they just want to tell people about what they are doing and not really asking for any help.
I go first 😀
Today I'm working on my final system for my Voodoo 2 scaling project, Socket 478.
So nice to have SATA again...
Here the new system:
As for CPUs, I got the following. Looks like only got the 2.0 missing. My neighbour has a ton of stuff, hopefully a 2.0 CPU. I'll ask him if he comes back.
As part of the project I want to answer a few other questions that keep popping up:
- Clock for clock: Katmai core vs. Coppermine core
- Clock for clock BX440 chipset vs. 815 chipset
- Clock for clock: PIII Tualatin vs. Willamette
- Clock for clock: Willamette core vs. Northwood core
- V2 temperature, does it scale with CPU speed?