VOGONS

Reply 4060 of 27502, by dogchainx

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
brostenen wrote:
dogchainx wrote:

Only retro activity, other than moving a monitor from my basement to a storage locker, was I received a $149.99 check in the mail !!!! What does that have to do with retro activity? Well, I bought RAM in years 1998 to 2002, which means I involved myself in the settlement for DRAM Antitrust Litigation Settlement! I barely remember doing anything to be part of it...and thought maybe the check will be $5. But, its a nice chunk of change!

Just asking. How did they find you after all these years?
They must really have used quite a bucket of cash in order to track down all those people, in order to ship a check.

I have no idea. My heart started to beat fast thinking it was some kind of legal thing NOT in my favor (whatever that might be), but was doing a victory dance when I saw the check amount. 😎

EDIT: LINK http://dramclaims.wpengine.com/

386DX-40MHz-8MB-540MB+428MB+Speedstar64@2MB+SoundBlaster Pro+MT-32/MKII
486DX2-66Mhz-16MB-4.3GB+SpeedStar64 VLB DRAM 2MB+AWE32/SB16+SCB-55
MY BLOG RETRO PC BLOG: https://bitbyted.wordpress.com/

Reply 4061 of 27502, by keenmaster486

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

My mom worked in the canneries in Alaska during the Exxon oil spill, so she still gets a check once in a while from that lawsuit 🤣

World's foremost 486 enjoyer.

Reply 4062 of 27502, by Imperious

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I managed, to my surprise, to get my CT2770 SB16 value working on my XT 8088 motherboard. I only tried Lemmings so far, which is playable at
10mhz, the audio sounded very good.
One big advantage of this is I can run the the pc speaker through the sound card, which is a lot better than it coming from the case.

Atari 2600, TI994a, Vic20, c64, ZX Spectrum 128, Amstrad CPC464, Atari 65XE, Commodore Plus/4, Amiga 500
PC's from XT 8088, 486, Pentium MMX, K6, Athlon, P3, P4, 775, to current Ryzen 5600x.

Reply 4063 of 27502, by PhilsComputerLab

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Got my old Hoover 500 washing machine connected. It was in storage for 5 years or so, totally filthy. Hardcore cleaned it top to bottom. Tried it, turns out it won't drain 😢

Drained it manually, checked the hose and the pump. Poked a tool into the pump outlet, turned the machine on and it squirted water 🤣

Put it all together, cleaned the lint filter, and we got another happy (retro) customer 😊

Also cleaned my old fridge, was also in storage. That one worked fine, just needed also a hardcore clean.

YouTube, Facebook, Website

Reply 4065 of 27502, by brassicGamer

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Wife and kids are away for 10 days and what do I do? Go nuts? Have a party? Invite hookers over and snort a load of drugs?

Nope, imaged all my floppy disks and game CDs.

Check out my blog and YouTube channel for thoughts, articles, system profiles, and tips.

Reply 4067 of 27502, by bjt

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
brassicGamer wrote:

Wife and kids are away for 10 days and what do I do? Go nuts? Have a party? Invite hookers over and snort a load of drugs?

Nope, imaged all my floppy disks and game CDs.

🤣

Living the dream (I would probably do similar)

Reply 4068 of 27502, by Formulator

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

1/2-way complete with Sanyo MBC-4050 vinyl dye restoration in Wimbledon White. While typically a CP/M machine in also runs DOS 2.11 just fine.

IMG_0598.JPG
Filename
IMG_0598.JPG
File size
1.91 MiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 4069 of 27502, by AnacreonZA

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Replaced the audio caps in my Amiga 600. Sounds much clearer now and the volume level is the same between the two speakers.

Reply 4070 of 27502, by PhilsComputerLab

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Still sorting out my new house, but started producing a video about the ATI Rage 128 Pro 😀

Nifty little card, don't see it being used in many builds, especially the video / multi-media capabilities are quite cool.

Reply 4072 of 27502, by nforce4max

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Been tinkering with my hybrid 386 build and strangely it properly recognizes drives up to 8gb 😳
Fast little bugger too and runs 95 surprisingly good (again testing drives) so I might take a dive and give 98 a try with a cf card but I want to build this as a 3.1 rig. I don't have enough ram but in the bios under chipset settings it shows the max cacheable ram as 64mb but I don't know if that is true. No wonder why people were so curious about this board (has a mr bios chip installed).

On a far away planet reading your posts in the year 10,191.

Reply 4073 of 27502, by Arctic

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
PhilsComputerLab wrote:

Still sorting out my new house, but started producing a video about the ATI Rage 128 Pro 😀

Nifty little card, don't see it being used in many builds, especially the video / multi-media capabilities are quite cool.

They are not used in builds most probably because they sucked then and there are now much better alternatives.
Try running anything OpenGL on them 🤣

Reply 4074 of 27502, by PhilsComputerLab

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Arctic wrote:

They are not used in builds most probably because they sucked then and there are now much better alternatives.
Try running anything OpenGL on them 🤣

My benchmark suites includes Quake II, Quake III and MDK2 OpenGL games, I didn't notice any issues, but it's only 3 games...

Reply 4076 of 27502, by flupke11

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

After the disappointment with the Aopen Dual Slot 2, the Iwill Dual Slot 1 DS133R made my day by booting with two 700E's I had lying around and 2*128 RDram PC-800.

Reply 4077 of 27502, by psychz

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Today I found Dazzle again after so many years, along with other cool visuals generators, in the eyecandy archive (seems to be operated by member kolano)... Awesomeness 🤣

Stojke wrote:

Its not like components found in trash after 20 years in rain dont still work flawlessly.

:: chemical reaction :: athens in love || reality is absent || spectrality || meteoron || the lie you believe

Reply 4079 of 27502, by Darkman

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

did some general cleaning to the interiors of my computers (Ive got pets so dust and hair are a big problem , especially with my modern build).

got a Geforce 7950 GX2 for my HP XW4400 machine. I wasn't quite sure whether it would work since the XW4400 obviously doesn't show up in Nvidia's compatibility list. I did however find that the machine is compatible with the Quadro 4500 X2 (just the pro version of the 7950 GX2 , or maybe 7900GX2 it seems) and as such figured it might just work.

seems to work fine so far ,not too shabby when paired up with a C2D E6700.