More of a pre-activity than an activity. I'm trying to limit my purchases because I already have trouble storing the stuff I have, but came up a couple of thing locally which would be really nice to have and all of them for decent prices.
Sparkle single slot 8800GT 512MB - Price 18$
- The 8800GT is a very common card I can buy any time for a similar price or even cheaper, so it's most likely a skip for now. The thing is, I'd like a good period correct replacement for the 8800 Ultra in my C2Q build. It's too rare and valuable (and hot and loud) to overuse it.
Gainward 2-slot 8800GT 1GB - Price: 10$
- It should probably be more silent and cooler than the Sparkle, though for a mATX board and case it'd make the PC a little cramped.
Galaxy 7600GT - Price: 12$
- I'm not at all hyped to get a 7600GT. I think they are awesome for a budget XP build, and can be reliably found for a low price. However the selling point for me is the Zalman VF700 AL cooler which I could use on much more interesting cards, like my notoriously hot Radeon 9800 Pro and resell the 7600 with a different cooler and maybe breaking even.
ASUS EN7900GT 256MB with Zalman VF900 CU - Price: 18$
- I would rather have a GTX, but it's really cheap as it is. It also comes with its original box.
ASUS EAX1950XT 256MB - Price: 25$
- Same as with the 7900, I would rather have an XTX. It's also somewhat tied to the 7900 as I'd like something in the same price bracket as that one as the last performance/high-end DX9 cards form each manufacturer. And both of them are ASUS. Though this one doesn't come with a box.
As for actual activity, I sold my 450MHz Katmai PIII alongside with some other stuff (HP SCSI DAT drive with a handful of brand new cassettes; brand new unopened OEM W95 CD; WinNT CD with manual). I felt it to be a little redundant, since I have a 450MHz Deschutes PII and a 500MHz Katmai PIII. I should probably sell 2 out of the 3 Klamath-300 I have. That's even more redundant. And further downsize my collection so I can get stuff without remorse.