VOGONS

First post, by Kahenraz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

So I ordered a retro P3 laptop I always wanted an lo and behold.. it had a horrid dead pixel in it. It's a fairly uncommon Toughbook model from Panasonic. I'd actually ordered two off of ebay at the same time just in case so I could swap the best parts around.

Unfortunately the second model, while cosmetically identical, had inferior parts and was mechanically incompatible. No swapping stuff around at all. And to make matters worse, the screen on the second laptop was worn from impacting on the keyboard.

I checked ebay again just in-case and, of course, there were no more laptops or screens. I could order a replacement from China through Alibaba for $150.. with probably some heafty shipping.. but I've never ordered through them before and they've always seemed sketchy.

So I slept on it. My ebay app beeped at me in the morning and guess what it found? BRAND NEW SCREENS for not one but BOTH laptops! 😵

And for how much? $25 each! And.. the guy has TWO of each of them. 🤣

Best. Luck. Ever.

Reply 2 of 4, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I am pretty sure Kahenraz grabbed them already 🤣 🤣 🤣

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 4 of 4, by Kahenraz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

So such luck. The panel is indeed brand new but this one has two dead pixels compared to my original one. However, they are a dark purple, exist on the top and bottom near the bezel, and don't stand out as much as the original which was a bright green.

Oh well. 🙁