VOGONS

First post, by MoldyJuice

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello all,

I have recently acquired a Acer Acros 575HD and a 1986 IBM Model M keyboard for the great price of free.
The computer worked great and I threw DOS 6.22 on it last night, it accepted keyboard input from a ps2 keyboard, USB keyboards with PS/2 adapters etc.
The problem is, in my own stupidity I was trying to connect the Model M to it with a homemade AT to PS/2 adapter that I had quickly soldered together. 2 of the wires for the ps2 jack had been touching resulting in the keyboard not registering but also a dead ps/2 port. So in my previously mentioned stupidity I try'ed to fix it by resetting the CMOS assuming the no keyboard detected error was a glitch.
When I powered it back on I discovered that not only did it not make a difference but now the floppy drive and the HDD where disabled.
So I guess my question is, can I fix the port?
If not can I get a ISA or PCI card with ps2 on it that is compatible with DOS 6.22?
And if not that can I get a serial to ps/2 that will work with keyboards.

Included is a photo of it trying to post.
Any help is greatly appreciated!
Thanks

Attachments

• Filename
    vlcsnap-2014-07-28-23h26m31s200.png
    File size
    1.24 MiB
    Downloads
    No downloads
    File comment
    What happens when it turn it on
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 5 of 6, by MoldyJuice

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I bypassed the fuse and the keyboard worked somewhat it wouldn't let me do CTRL_ALT_ESC so I started fumbling around on the MOBO trying to reset the bios or something like that at which point I managed to burn out the bios which means now I need a new socket 7 board. Which I will get via ebay or hopefully from a local computer store.

Reply 6 of 6, by MoldyJuice

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I bypassed the fuse and the keyboard worked somewhat it wouldn't let me do CTRL_ALT_ESC so I started fumbling around on the MOBO trying to reset the bios or something like that at which point I managed to burn out the bios which means now I need a new socket 7 board. Which I will get via ebay or hopefully from a local computer store.