VOGONS

Reply 20 of 22, by TELEPACMAN

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Stiletto wrote:
TELEPACMAN wrote:

Holy smackarronie!

So, I checked and apparently there is no way to download from google books, at least not without a 3rd party app like "google book downloader" or something.

Yeah, the third party apps used to work fine though. I used one to complete my Maximum PC magazine archive for backissues they never uploaded to their website, which I didn't think was too questionable a use. 😀

Not working for me. Just tried on a 1997 "PC Magazine" issue I was interested in, and all I get is a bunch of .png files with text too small to read.

Reply 21 of 22, by elianda

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

From my experience most people rebuilding such machines do not stick strictly to the eras limitations in the end.
In most cases the HDD is upgraded, then the CPU is too slow for the typical 3D accelerated graphics card and amount of RAM is low.

Retronn.de - Vintage Hardware Gallery, Drivers, Guides, Videos. Now with file search
Youtube Channel
FTP Server - Driver Archive and more
DVI2PCIe alignment and 2D image quality measurement tool

Reply 22 of 22, by TELEPACMAN

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I know I don't 😀 just looking for the better gaming experience without overkilling. It is nice to have a high-end pc of the era, or even a little bit higher 😉