VOGONS

First post, by maximus

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Of those three Sound Blaster Live! cards, I own only the SB0060, which I bought primarily for the pain-free driver install on Windows 98 (Creative's official driver pack just works for a change). However, I'm wondering if I should check out one of the older generations.

Anybody care to share their experiences with any of these cards? For the CT4670 and CT4760, did you have to use the LiveWare ISO? How'd that go?

I'm not particularly interested in 5.1 output (though it is nice to have). Driver stability and sound quality are my top priorities. I've noticed that the SB0060 has some pretty noticeable hiss when used with low impedance headphones, and I'm wondering if the earlier cards were better in this regard.

I imagine there was little to no difference in EAX support between these cards, but that would be of interest as well.

PCGames9505

Reply 1 of 1, by janskjaer

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I have the CT4760 and this works perfectly OOTB with the Liveware 3.0 CD installation in Windows 98SE. I don't have to specify whether to use WDM or VxD drivers.
I use the same card in the same rig for Windows 2000 SP4, and I use the official Live! drivers from June 2001.

DELL Dimension XPS M200s
:Intel P1 MMX 200MHz
:64MB EDO
:DOS 6.22/Win95b
:Matrox Millenium II + m3D (PowerVR PCX2)
Chaintech 7VJL Apogee
:AMD AthlonXP 2700+
:512MB DDR
:Win98SE/2000 SP4
:3dfx Voodoo5 5500 AGP