VOGONS

Latest recycling rescue! IBM PC300gl

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 25, by King_Corduroy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Yeah that's just outrageous, I mean it's A KEYBOARD. 🤣 It's like these younger kids now who are buying typewriters for 60+ USD a pop. I just go down to the local thrift store if I want to look for a typewriter! The last one I bought cost me 12$ but it was a 1964 Royal Royalite with the original carrying case and the owners manual.

Check me out at Transcendental Airwaves on Youtube! Fast-food sucks!

Reply 22 of 25, by miljo

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I remember when these came out in the late 90s. At the time I thought they were ugly as sin, but now I totally dig the aesthetic. I didn't watch the end of the video, I hope you can get it up and running. Throw some Lotus 123 on there and rock out some spread sheets.

Good find and good luck!

Reply 23 of 25, by King_Corduroy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Yeah it runs great, I'm using windows 98 SE on it right now. I've also swapped my Aztech card out of my Packard Bell and stuck it in there since I got a CT2800 for cheap and put that in the Packard (Which btw sound FREAKING FANTASTIC). 🤣

Reply 24 of 25, by chinny22

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I think I've still got 2 similar PC's at my parents, scored them when clearing out an office full of Compaq's mainly Deskpro 2000/4000's and some SFF's
The IBMS design was fairly slim for the time without going full small form factor and at least these 2 were as reliable as hell. where the similar spec Compaq SFF's were a bit hit and miss.

Reply 25 of 25, by King_Corduroy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Yeah this machine seems pretty solid, I'm certainly holding onto it. 🤣