Reply 80 of 82, by datPCRetr0ist

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
zsknight22 wrote:
Hello folks! […]
Show full quote

Hello folks!

I have been a long time reader, but seldom do I post anywhere... until it seems the entire internet does not have an answer for my question(s). Then I start posting. So, here's my debut post...

As we all know, AT-form factor cases are getting harder and harder to find with each passing month - most notably ones that are nice, clean and new-looking. Now, I know the occasional batch of AT cases will come up on ebay, interloper, etc... but the ones available are usually rather blocky-looking and (although sometimes new condition) just don't suit my exact style.

There is however... one case that has caught my eye and is without a doubt the most wonderful looking (although I'm sure some will disagree) little AT case I've ever seen. As I'm sure most of us are aware, there was a case manufacturer named Maxtop during the late 90's - early 2000's that manufactured all kinds of great cases. Most notably for me, they made...

The SUPER 2000 series CSX-917 series cases.

Most notably, I am looking for the CSX917D - Mini AT Tower. You can see a picture of it by scrolling down this page:

http://aiyamicro.com/legacy-products/cases_computer.htm

For some reason, a now-defunct company site for 'Aiya-Micro' still harnesses the only reference I can find to this case on the net. Literally, NO ONE ELSE ANYWHERE seems to have any knowledge or reference to this line of cases. I came really close when I found an ebayer selling the Maxtop Hivemind CSX917K - an ATX permutation of the case I'm looking for that includes front usb ports. No thanks, not on my old P1 socket 7 build. 😉

I even went so far as to contact the manufacturer (Maxtop does still exist) and also Aiya Micro... but both to no avail. I reached out to the good folks at interloper as well also to no avail. 🙁 No body has my coveted CSX917D AT MiniTower.

I've read post after post here at VOGONs, and if there is any team out there who can help a picky nerd like me find the AT minitower of my dreams... I know it's you guys. If anyone out there has one of these cases please... I implore you... let me know and we can work a great deal out! 😀

I look forward to your replies... and feel free to let me know if you need any other info or clarification.

zsknight22, i found a PC with the case you needed, CSX917D on eBay.
Is has the CSX917 variant that you needed. It has a Socket 370 motherboard, with an Celeron according to the front cover's sticker.

s-l1600 (1).jpg
Filename
s-l1600 (1).jpg
File size
152.25 KiB
Views
File comment
The front of the CSX-917D.
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception
Last edited by Stiletto on 2020-03-02, 07:10. Edited 1 time in total.

I like old computers! 😊
But i am also a tutorialist! 😎
And an enemy! 😈

Reply 81 of 82, by JidaiGeki

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
datPCRetr0ist wrote:
zsknight22, i found a PC with the case you needed, CSX917D on eBay. Is has the CSX917 variant that you needed. It has a Socket […]
Show full quote
zsknight22 wrote:
Hello folks! […]
Show full quote

Hello folks!

I have been a long time reader, but seldom do I post anywhere... until it seems the entire internet does not have an answer for my question(s). Then I start posting. So, here's my debut post...

As we all know, AT-form factor cases are getting harder and harder to find with each passing month - most notably ones that are nice, clean and new-looking. Now, I know the occasional batch of AT cases will come up on ebay, interloper, etc... but the ones available are usually rather blocky-looking and (although sometimes new condition) just don't suit my exact style.

There is however... one case that has caught my eye and is without a doubt the most wonderful looking (although I'm sure some will disagree) little AT case I've ever seen. As I'm sure most of us are aware, there was a case manufacturer named Maxtop during the late 90's - early 2000's that manufactured all kinds of great cases. Most notably for me, they made...

The SUPER 2000 series CSX-917 series cases.

Most notably, I am looking for the CSX917D - Mini AT Tower. You can see a picture of it by scrolling down this page:

http://aiyamicro.com/legacy-products/cases_computer.htm

For some reason, a now-defunct company site for 'Aiya-Micro' still harnesses the only reference I can find to this case on the net. Literally, NO ONE ELSE ANYWHERE seems to have any knowledge or reference to this line of cases. I came really close when I found an ebayer selling the Maxtop Hivemind CSX917K - an ATX permutation of the case I'm looking for that includes front usb ports. No thanks, not on my old P1 socket 7 build. 😉

I even went so far as to contact the manufacturer (Maxtop does still exist) and also Aiya Micro... but both to no avail. I reached out to the good folks at interloper as well also to no avail. 🙁 No body has my coveted CSX917D AT MiniTower.

I've read post after post here at VOGONs, and if there is any team out there who can help a picky nerd like me find the AT minitower of my dreams... I know it's you guys. If anyone out there has one of these cases please... I implore you... let me know and we can work a great deal out! 😀

I look forward to your replies... and feel free to let me know if you need any other info or clarification.

zsknight22, i found a PC with the case you needed, CSX917D on eBay.
Is has the CSX917 variant that you needed. It has a Socket 370 motherboard, with an Celeron according to the front cover's sticker.

s-l1600 (1).jpg

Heh, I messaged the OP of this thread with that very same link a while ago - the message is still unread by him. Maybe posting in this thread will bring him back though.

Reply 82 of 82, by devius

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

There is also a usere that just posted in the "Boght these hardware today" thread with that same case in case it's still relevant: Re: Bought these (retro) hardware today