VOGONS

PLEASE HELP ME FIND THIS CASE!!! :D

Topic actions

Reply 60 of 82, by zsknight22

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks very much for the replies, guys/gals. I'm extremely glad to see that the good folks of the internet are still keeping watch for the CSX-917D I so fondly desire. Hopefully one will turn up sooner than later... and hopefully I'm not stuck for another decade looking for it... but who knows? Good things are worth waiting for, they say. 😁

In any event, I want to give another heartfelt thanks to everyone who keeps scouring garages, recycling centers, craters, caves, dungeons, castles, space stations, good will stores, etc. I promise if you find me one of these cases I will pay handsomely for it. It just can't be in shreds or pieces though, it has to be in some kind of shape. Preferably new or like-new 🤣

For convenience, here is another picture of the little guy I'm seeking:

csx917d.JPG

And remember, it is AT form factor, not ATX. 😀

Reply 62 of 82, by kanecvr

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I remember I had a CSX917B (ATX version) up in my attic, but I don't know if it's still in one piece. Some of the bay covers and one of the side panels may be missing. These cases were popular in Romania as they were favored by a PC company called Ultra Pro Computers (now defunct) - but only the ATX variants. I don't remember ever seeing an AT version of this.

Reply 63 of 82, by torindkflt

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Finding a specific style of older computer case, especially one that wasn't a better-known brand name, is exceedingly difficult. I went through the same problem with my current 486 rebuild, trying to get one that exactly matches a computer I had 20 years ago. I finally found one...just gotta wait for it to get sent to me. :p

Unfortunately, even if you DO know the brand and model number of the case, being a generic/bargain/no-name-brand case means that 99.999% of the people who actually own one don't even know what the model is, and therefore won't include that information when selling it. It's tedious and seemingly futile, but honestly the best option in these instances are just to keep looking through the vintage computers being sold on eBay, Craigslist, or being dropped off at your local electronics salvage/recyclers. Depending on how common that specific type of case was back in the day, you may get lucky sometime and find the right one.

Reply 64 of 82, by devius

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I think the ATX version is less uncommon than the AT one. Up until this thread was started I had never seen any of those cases, but some time ago I did spot a PC being sold with the ATX version of the case (the B model). I think this is going to be near impossible, but hope dies last and all that.

Reply 65 of 82, by zsknight22

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I appreciate the input definitely, folks. Sadly, I do recognize the difficulty of attaining my objective in this case. But, as I have said many times... the good people of the internet are undoubtedly resourceful in these cases. That fact helps push my hope forward.

And yes, you are all correct... I believe the AT version (CSX-917D) is far more difficult to spot than the ATX variants, (CSX-917A, B, and C.)

I will reiterate however, I am willing to pay handsomely (not like a thousand dollars or something stupid like that, but far more than the original retail value of the case) for anyone who finds the CSX-917D in good or new shape for me. So, maybe that will help create a small incentive to make that extra call to your uncle, friend, business partner, or crazy hoarder that lives down the street to see what their current stock is.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you guys... and for myself as well while continuing to wish us all the best of luck in this search. Again, for convenience I will re-post a picture of the entire series for reference:

917_series.jpg

Thanks again guys/gals, I appreciate your help! 😁

Reply 67 of 82, by zsknight22

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hey thanks friend -

I appreciate the lead, and no worries - We'll find that CSX-917D Mini AT Tower eventually. As I keep saying, anyone who has a garage, dungeon, recycling center, warehouse, etc... keep your eyes peeled. I'm sure that little case is in there, somewhere. Please feel free to reach out to me directly if you have any other leads!

Thanks again everyone!

Reply 68 of 82, by dogchainx

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

http://www.shopgoodwill.com/auctions/17-Vinta … D-23168586.html

Is that it???? Not the mini one....but very very close? 917B version i guess?

PM'd....

386DX-40MHz-8MB-540MB+428MB+Speedstar64@2MB+SoundBlaster Pro+MT-32/MKII
486DX2-66Mhz-16MB-4.3GB+SpeedStar64 VLB DRAM 2MB+AWE32/SB16+SCB-55
MY BLOG RETRO PC BLOG: https://bitbyted.wordpress.com/

Reply 69 of 82, by tayyare

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
dogchainx wrote:

http://www.shopgoodwill.com/auctions/17-Vinta … D-23168586.html

Is that it???? Not the mini one....but very very close? 917B version i guess?

PM'd....

Not only B version, but it is also ATX, not AT... 😢

GA-6VTXE PIII 1.4+512MB
Geforce4 Ti 4200 64MB
Diamond Monster 3D 12MB SLI
SB AWE64 PNP+32MB
120GB IDE Samsung/80GB IDE Seagate/146GB SCSI Compaq/73GB SCSI IBM
Adaptec AHA29160
3com 3C905B-TX
Gotek+CF Reader
MSDOS 6.22+Win 3.11/95 OSR2.1/98SE/ME/2000

Reply 70 of 82, by computergeek92

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I know ATX to AT IO shield converter plates were made, essentially an ATX plate with a cutout for a 5-pin din keyboard. I've seen a few on computers on Youtube, but they are very hard to find. If you find one you won't need to worry about finding that rare AT version of the case you're interested in.

Dedicated Windows 95 Aficionado for good reasons:
http://toastytech.com/evil/setup.html

Reply 71 of 82, by computergeek92

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
buffster wrote:
Hello all! I have been searching my computer case model name for decade. I have found this site by browsing Google images and I […]
Show full quote

Hello all! I have been searching my computer case model name for decade. I have found this site by browsing Google images and I happen to find "relink2013" who post that picture of computer case that look very similar to my computer case (Look at the picture I post). Except, it's full-tower and it have 4 wheels. My uncle bought this computer case way back in 2002. I remember I asked him where he got it. I forgot what he said but he said the place was close down and can't find anywhere anymore.
Anyone know what the name of this computer case model? Thanks!

I am planning to max up my old computer and it only few more things I need to get and THEN I'm done. In the future, I will used this old computer to build into arcade cabinet. Also, another reason is that I'm doing this because I am planning to buy and build brand new computer! By the way, for those you curious about what my computer spec is, there you go 😀

Operating System: MS Windows XP Professional 32-bit SP3

CPU: AMD Athlon XP 2600 (plan to upgrade to AMD Athlon xp 3200+)

RAM: 2.50 GB DDR @ 133MHz (Although after I installed new video card, for some reason, computer won't boot if is 3GB of ram installed. It's only work for my other old video card. According to Manuel the max of ram is 3GB, HMMMMM?)

Motherboard: MSI K7T266 PRO2-A

Graphics: HIS ATI Radeon HD 4670 1GB AGP

Hard Drives: 59GB Western Digital WDC WD600BB-75CAA0 (PATA) (My first hard drive since 2002)

293GB Western Digital WDC WD3000BB-00KEA0 (PATA) (my 300GB hard drive have windows XP corrupt and it wont boot. Lucky for me, I still have all of my junks stuff in it)

Optical Drives: SONY DVD RW AW-G170A (I had to unplugged because my dvd wornout)

Audio: AMD High Definition Audio Device (Diamond XtremeSound PCI 7.1 Channels
16 bit Sound Card)

I'm pretty sure your full tower is an Apex 100FT. I remember the name when searching for it myself years ago.

Dedicated Windows 95 Aficionado for good reasons:
http://toastytech.com/evil/setup.html

Reply 72 of 82, by Zeldaboy14

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm on the hunt for a possible newer version of the case. I had one before, and want another like it. Here's a pic of my original beige case, and one i found of a black varient one day while on ebay:

gz1CWek.jpg

s-l500.jpg

EDIT: Realized that what i was looking for was on the last page. Seeing that, now, has anyone seen any floating around to buy recently?

Reply 73 of 82, by Unknown_K

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I think I have the 917B which I got NIB and stuck my dual PPro into (pretty sure its that model with 4 5.25" bays). What is so special about it?

Collector of old computers, hardware, and software

Reply 74 of 82, by Zeldaboy14

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

If your asking why i want such a case, it's because i'm attempting to build the first internet based pc i got back in 2005. The original machine i got rid of due to possible a failing power supply, and because we ran outta room at the time. I just acquired half of a IBM NetVista machine, with it's HDD, CD Rom Drive, Floppy drive, and other things, but the main case to the machine is 85% missing. That's why i want the ATX800 case. It's something that i grew to love for at least 16 years of use, and because I'm dubbing the new build the XP Machine 2.

Reply 75 of 82, by devius

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

That's not it. The case the that zsknight22 is looking for is the AT version, which only has 2 5,25" drive bays (917D in the image above). The one in that ebay link is the ATX versions which is much more common.

Edit: WTH happened? This message was supposed to be a reply to the next one...

Last edited by devius on 2018-04-11, 09:06. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 76 of 82, by RandomUsr

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I found this Ebay link and though it looked familiar...

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Vintage-Beige-Int … K0AAOSwoYdaq3sC

The case seems to look brand new and is named 'Intech Mid Sized Computer Case HR-H306U'. Don't think that information is correct, however I believe that is one of the cases that you are looking for. Never seen that case being 'Brand New', perhaps they found a warehouse full of them? Should probably look deeper into the actual name and model of the case. The model with two 5 1/4 bays must be super rare or something like that. I've only see the the once with 3 or 4 bays. I also am looking for the same case which I once did have, however it got chucked out. I still have the power supply from the case which was the original that came with it.

Reply 77 of 82, by Guata08

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

This is my Duron 650, Voodoo 3 2000, 256MB PC-133 SDRAM, ASUS KT-133, SBLive! 5.1, Win 98SE Build. I think I have the case you desired 4 years ago. 😜

zsknight22 wrote:
Hello folks! […]
Show full quote

Hello folks!

I have been a long time reader, but seldom do I post anywhere... until it seems the entire internet does not have an answer for my question(s). Then I start posting. So, here's my debut post...

As we all know, AT-form factor cases are getting harder and harder to find with each passing month - most notably ones that are nice, clean and new-looking. Now, I know the occasional batch of AT cases will come up on ebay, interloper, etc... but the ones available are usually rather blocky-looking and (although sometimes new condition) just don't suit my exact style.

There is however... one case that has caught my eye and is without a doubt the most wonderful looking (although I'm sure some will disagree) little AT case I've ever seen. As I'm sure most of us are aware, there was a case manufacturer named Maxtop during the late 90's - early 2000's that manufactured all kinds of great cases. Most notably for me, they made...

The SUPER 2000 series CSX-917 series cases.

Most notably, I am looking for the CSX917D - Mini AT Tower. You can see a picture of it by scrolling down this page:

http://aiyamicro.com/legacy-products/cases_computer.htm

For some reason, a now-defunct company site for 'Aiya-Micro' still harnesses the only reference I can find to this case on the net. Literally, NO ONE ELSE ANYWHERE seems to have any knowledge or reference to this line of cases. I came really close when I found an ebayer selling the Maxtop Hivemind CSX917K - an ATX permutation of the case I'm looking for that includes front usb ports. No thanks, not on my old P1 socket 7 build. 😉

I even went so far as to contact the manufacturer (Maxtop does still exist) and also Aiya Micro... but both to no avail. I reached out to the good folks at interloper as well also to no avail. 🙁 No body has my coveted CSX917D AT MiniTower.

I've read post after post here at VOGONs, and if there is any team out there who can help a picky nerd like me find the AT minitower of my dreams... I know it's you guys. If anyone out there has one of these cases please... I implore you... let me know and we can work a great deal out! 😀

I look forward to your replies... and feel free to let me know if you need any other info or clarification.