VOGONS

First post, by MMaximus

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

It's the board from this system Highscreen Vobis "SkyTower" Pentium 90 - CT1750 & SCC-1

Long story short, the RTC stopped working a couple of years ago so I bought a new DS12887 to replace it. This mobo has some sentimental value to me since I've had it since new, but I've gotten used to the flexibility of a socket 7 board in my main retro pc... and I'm not sure I will ever get around to fixing it, not being confident enough in my soldering abilities.

If someone here would have a use for it, I'm happy to send it their way, just pay for shipping. I can also include the AT PSU and Mhz display that came with the system, since I now use an ATX PSU with an ATX to AT converter.

UseEJBNl.jpg

Hard Disk Sounds

Reply 1 of 6, by vetz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

The gold CPU is more worth than the board.

It's the Socket 5 board I see the most on eBay, so its not that rare. If it has sentimental value I would keep it, especially if it belongs in a "system". I've not thrown away any of the original parts in my childhood Compaq machine. Just in case I want to set it back to 1997 config 😀

3D Accelerated Games List (Proprietary APIs - No 3DFX/Direct3D)
3D Acceleration Comparison Episodes

Reply 2 of 6, by Anonymous Coward

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I would hang onto it. Socket5 and 7 will become valuable later just like 386 and 486 boards.

It's a solid board made by intel too.

"Will the highways on the internets become more few?" -Gee Dubya
V'Ger XT|Upgraded AT|Ultimate 386|Super VL/EISA 486|SMP VL/EISA Pentium

Reply 3 of 6, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Socket 7 AT boards (especially the VX and so) are much more plentiful then any Socket 3 board. Eventually they might become more valuable (maybe some models more quickly then others) but so many of those were made. Socket 7 ATX is harder to find though, and so is Socket 5. I think I ever seen 2 Socket 5 boards in the flesh and one never made it into my collection as it wasn't mine. The second one doesn't have any cache iirc.

Anyway, I second to keep the board 😀

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 6 of 6, by MMaximus

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Thanks for your advice. I guess it makes sense to keep it from a collector's point of view. I am still undecided though since I'm not so keen on keeping stuff I don't use... I'd rather it goes to someone who would repair it and use it in a system.

Hard Disk Sounds