VOGONS

First post, by soviet conscript

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

can someone please direct me how to change the audigy 2zs drivers from the default wdm to vxd? I've done this before in the past but I remember it took awhile to find the option and for the life of me I cant find it this time. not sure why its so hidden.

Reply 2 of 3, by soviet conscript

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

you wouldnt happen to know its name would you because I cant find it. If its under "creative system information" i'm in trouble because when I access that my PC locks up which is odd because the only thing I've done is replace the IDE drive with a SCSI one and the card and VXD drivers worked fine before that. On the install disk I found the drivers and a utility to switch them but when I run it the option for VXD drivers is whited out. I also get an error if I try to manually install the VXD drivers in system devices.

Reply 3 of 3, by swaaye

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

It's been awhile since I used my Audigy 2 ZS in 98 but I'm sure it's a separate utility in the Start Menu specifically for switching between WDM and VXD. I think it's called the Creative Driver Update Utility. It's possible you need a update I suppose, but I feel like it installed with the CD...

If you go to the CD, to \Audio\Drivers, there is CTZAPXX.exe which is this Creative Driver Update Utility and maybe you can use it directly.

The original Audigy is less annoying because its CD installs VXD on 98. It doesn't even have WDM as an option.