VOGONS

First post, by 386SX

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Hi all,
I always had this great card that I remember when my K6-2 cpus (even the 550Mhz) suffered the lack of power both with the Voodoo3 lack of motion compensation. I remember dvd could be played on the crt monitor with only 10-15% of cpu power (of the K62...).
Sometimes I put it on my retro pc but actually having a lcd both with the low quality pass through cable it means a BAD result with vertical lines and smooth text at any resolution or hz. If only they would have used the pci like the Pwr PCX2 did..
Anyway, are there any ways someone thought to not use the cable and not use also the tv-out but sending the VGA signal directly to a full screen vga input?
I mean if it works with a green key signal thank to the original player, could not be "forced" a full screen green image to let the card to the rest and to have a full screen image by the dxr3 only?

Bye 😀

Reply 3 of 3, by 386SX

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

the proprietary cable was quiet cheap imho, and smoothness appeared also in crt you can imagine in a digital conversion. No other cables were made. So my idea was to connect the lcd directly to the dxr3 without using the pass cable and in some way to tell the card it's receiving a full green screen as key so it should send a full screen decoded output to the lcd.
This was a GREAT card capable of a great quality mpeg2 decoding but they should have used the buffer of the video card for this purpose.