VOGONS

First post, by chrisNova777

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

hey guys
i have an awe32 (sound blaster 32) Pnp card.. (Ct3600)
in dos/win3.1 my problems were solved by using CTCM + CTCU
but under windows 95c, i install the drivers and it doesnt install any diagnose app, or ctcu, and i have no way of changing the irq..
right now its set to 10 which is clashing with a storage controller
anytime i try to play a wave file it cuts out after .2 seconds
please.. ive tried the larger awe32 installation cd image from vogons drivers..
that is the one that worked great under win31/dos but like i said under win95 theres no way to configure the cards pnp settings
i also tried the 3 disk floppy set.. and i cant get that to install it asks for an accessories disk.. which isnt included
the disk directories are application, installation, and program disk. but no 'accessories' disk and ive tried selecting each of them and it doesnt accept it

how can i change my irq for my sb32 pnp under windows 95???????

http://www.oldschooldaw.com | vintage PC/MAC MIDI/DAW | Asus mobo archive | Sound Modules | Vintage MIDI Interfaces
AM386DX40 | Asus VL/I-486SV2GX4 (486DX2-80) | GA586VX (p75) + r7000PCI | ABIT Be6 (pII-233) matroxG400 AGP

Reply 1 of 8, by chrisNova777

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

when i had everything working under windows 3.1 i had pnp os in the bios set to yes, and then configured the card using CTCU and tested via Diagnose.exe and everything was perfect..
how do i do those same hardware settings with windows 95?
should i be turning off PNP OS in bios? please help this is so frustrating

http://www.oldschooldaw.com | vintage PC/MAC MIDI/DAW | Asus mobo archive | Sound Modules | Vintage MIDI Interfaces
AM386DX40 | Asus VL/I-486SV2GX4 (486DX2-80) | GA586VX (p75) + r7000PCI | ABIT Be6 (pII-233) matroxG400 AGP

Reply 2 of 8, by PhilsComputerLab

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

This might help!

How to install ISA Plug and Play Sound Blaster in Windows 9x MS-DOS Mode

Personally I would use Windows 98 SE over 95, even on slower Machines. I got it on a Pentium 100 at the moment.

I haven't used Windows 95 but you should also be able to set resources in device manager. Then restart PC. Go into DOS mode. Run CTCM. Then run diagnose.

YouTube, Facebook, Website

Reply 3 of 8, by chrisNova777

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

ive tried this and everytime i boot it says blaster environment set to irq10.. (which conflicts)
it should be set to 5

OK I've watched your video! thanks so much!!!!!!!!!!!!! i hope this works.. rebooting fingers crossed;)

IT WORKED!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by chrisNova777 on 2014-12-30, 22:47. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 4 of 8, by PhilsComputerLab

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

That's just a variable. What is the card actually configured at in device manager? You can manually set resources there.

YouTube, Facebook, Website

Reply 5 of 8, by chrisNova777

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

what confused me is that it shows "Sb 32 pnp" in the "unknown devices" in deveice manager and then below that it says that drivers were not loaded or not neccessary..
but maybe htat is to do with the ide controller on the card and not the wave device..

after i found the other settings by seeing on your video it was very straightforward. thanks

Reply 7 of 8, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Unless this related to a specific game, hardware and driver issues should be in Marvin. This is the Windows games forum.

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers