VOGONS

voodoo3 pci price

Topic actions

First post, by meljor

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

What is it worth? I have several in my colection with sgram and sdram. I have been searching for a voodoo4 for a long time (for a reasonable price, not the ebay prices, those are insane....)

Is the v3 PCI 2000 anywhere near the price of a v4 agp for example? No boxed items.
The idea is to maybe trade one so 2 collectors are happy and don't have to deal with absurd prices 🤣

NOT looking for a trade here! I only do stuff locally and even prefer to pick items up myself (and i know the rules).

I don't use ebay to buy stuff but i was searching on it to compare the price but i can't find a v3 pci for sale. You guys do a much better job on ebay so maybe point me to some links?

Just want to know if they are in the same ballpark since pci is usually more wanted.

Thank you!

asus tx97-e, 233mmx, voodoo1, s3 virge ,sb16
asus p5a, k6-3+ @ 550mhz, voodoo2 12mb sli, gf2 gts, awe32
asus p3b-f, p3-700, voodoo3 3500TV agp, awe64
asus tusl2-c, p3-S 1,4ghz, voodoo5 5500, live!
asus a7n8x DL, barton cpu, 6800ultra, Voodoo3 pci, audigy1

Reply 4 of 24, by meljor

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Performance wise i know where they stand. I don't want a v4 for it's performance but just to complete the line-up 😎

They had pretty crappy performance back then for the price, that's probably the reason they almost never pop up in my country....

For 10-15 euro you don't even find a voodoo3 agp anymore, i expect the pci ones do a little better than that? I didn't pay a lot for them either but i never pay a lot for voodoo cards anyway compared to some people here.

Would it be a fair trade or is the v4 (agp) way more worth than the v3 pci....

I guess i just put an ad online and see how it goes.

It's nice to really want something bad but also frustrating to not be able to find a deal in a long time while other parts i wanted were pretty easy to find.

Reply 8 of 24, by meljor

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Yeah i know the feeling (it goes for a lot of hardware).

My first voodoo was the v1 and i always liked it so i kept a v1 around and most of the time i had v2's. They were easy to find. Voodoo4 never had my interest but i should have bought one years ago.
Now i am collecting 3dfx cards and i only need the v4 to complete it but i never thought it would be THIS hard to find one...

But it took me a long time to find a v3 3500tv also and now i have three of them so i have faith 😎

I'll give it some more time and try trading one also. In the meantime: can everyone here on vogons stop telling they bought one? It's not fair 🤣

Reply 9 of 24, by mwdmeyer

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I'm sorry, I have about 5 Voodoo 4s...

From my understanding the V4s are worth a lot more than any V3.

Based on my testing the Voodoo 4 is also a lot faster than the V3 when in games such as Quake 3 (where a lot of texture memory can be used).

The cheapest Voodoo4s I've found are the powercolor V4 AGP models, here is what they look like:
http://www.vogonswiki.com/index.php/File:Powe … odoo_4_4500.jpg

Vogons Wiki - http://vogonswiki.com

Reply 10 of 24, by havli

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Actually, the Powercolor V4 (especially the non-TV OUT model using "full size" PCB) are usually considered more rare and expensive than 3dfx V4 AGP.
Also the Powercolor variants may not support AGP 4x (1.5V) and using it in a AGP 4x/8x MB can damage the card.

HW museum.cz - my collection of PC hardware

Reply 11 of 24, by mwdmeyer

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Yep the powercolor models only support 3.3volts.

Interesting that you say that are more rare. I have 3 (full size no TV out, full size TV out and that L-shape one).

I actually purchased the full sized no TV out model new in box back in 2001-2002 a bit after 3dfx went under. I think is was $AUD85, so it is probably worth more now!

About 6 months ago someone on eBay Australia was selling about 5-10 of these cards new in box, which is where I picked up the TV out version.

I suspect the reason I thought they weren't as rare was the price was always less than the 3dfx branded ones, I suspect this was because sometimes they were simply advertised as PowerColor EvilKing and not 3dfx Voodoo.

Reply 12 of 24, by havli

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I guess it depends on the location.
Here in Czech Republic I only saw Powercolor non-TV for sale once (since 2006 when I have started collecting 3dfx stuff). Reference 3dfx models are much more common here. Over the years I have noticed maybe 8-10 V4 AGP (3 of them are now mine 😎 ) and at least 5 or so V4 PCI.
As far as I remember, Powercolor V4 TV was never available fo sale here so I had to get one from Ebay.

Only Powercolor-L and V4 MAC are missing in my collection... maybe I will get them some day. They are hard to find even on Ebay.

HW museum.cz - my collection of PC hardware

Reply 13 of 24, by meljor

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

FINALLY FOUND ONE! yahooooooooooo

It will be here after the weekend if the seller keeps word (hopefully i don't get conned, happened before.. 😵 )

FIngers crossed it's a working card.... share details later, need to have it first.

2 items i wanted the most: Voodoo4 and an Asus socket 7. I have all Asus boards i want except a non-super 7. I'm in the process of getting a deal done on a tx97 board but have to wait till the end of the month (seller is on vacation).

So soon i will have both items (hopefully). Then i have to figure out what to look for next 😎

It's just to much fun to search for stuff! But the voodoo4 took WAY to long. Finding a pci version will keep me busy i think 🤣

Reply 14 of 24, by PhilsComputerLab

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
mwdmeyer wrote:
I'm sorry, I have about 5 Voodoo 4s... […]
Show full quote

I'm sorry, I have about 5 Voodoo 4s...

From my understanding the V4s are worth a lot more than any V3.

Based on my testing the Voodoo 4 is also a lot faster than the V3 when in games such as Quake 3 (where a lot of texture memory can be used).

The cheapest Voodoo4s I've found are the powercolor V4 AGP models, here is what they look like:
http://www.vogonswiki.com/index.php/File:Powe … odoo_4_4500.jpg

You might enjoy this one: Quake 3 3dfx Voodoo shootout

YouTube, Facebook, Website

Reply 15 of 24, by feipoa

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
meljor wrote:

What is it worth?... Is the v3 PCI 2000 anywhere near the price of a v4 agp for example?

If this recent eBay auction for a V3 2000 PCI is any indicator, they are worth $56 + shipping. Shipping, had I bid and won, would have been $20, so $76 total. There are some Russians on eBay selling Voodoo2's for $50-$55 and people are paying it. It seems that there is no end in sight for increasing prices. I hope this trend continues and that I have a sudden desire to sell everything at its peak.
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/221685621882

Last edited by feipoa on 2015-02-14, 03:57. Edited 1 time in total.

Plan your life wisely, you'll be dead before you know it.

Reply 16 of 24, by mwdmeyer

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
philscomputerlab wrote:

You might enjoy this one: Quake 3 3dfx Voodoo shootout

Hah yeah I commented on one of your videos yesterday or something! I'm from Australia too. Small world.

Reply 17 of 24, by meljor

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Finally it arrived!!

I got in a package deal: Trust Voodoo2 12mb, Voodoo4 4500 agp, 4x usb pci cards and an athlon slot A 550mhz cpu. Both voodoo's came with original cd's.
I had 2 trust v2 12mb cards already but when i can get a good deal it's hard to pass on 3dfx cards...

The voodoo4 was advertised as a voodoo standalone card but i recognised it right away on the photo 😀

I didn't want to bid on it (and get outbid) so i went trough his ads and asked for a package price and get a fast deal. I bought the lot for 25 euro!

Everything works perfectly so i finally have a voodoo4 after searching for a few years, at a very good price! 😎

My little collection is happy with it's new member!!

I did pass on one voodoo card: the Mac edition 5500 pci (so with dvi) flashed to pc with original box. I have the normal cards and just can't justify buying this. Price is not really bad but it is no steel and i never paid an awful lot for these things (normal 5500 pci was my most expensive one but had to have it). Still not fully decided on this one 😐

So, what is a mac edition 5500 pci with box worth? Card is working 100%

Reply 18 of 24, by dirkmirk

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
meljor wrote:

So, what is a mac edition 5500 pci with box worth? Card is working 100%

At least $250 USD probably could go up to $400 in an auction, they don't pop up very often especially boxed.

Reply 19 of 24, by meljor

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Really? Damn.... maybe i'll buy it then.