VOGONS

First post, by 386SX

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Hi
I am testing this Soyo SY5TF mainboard and it's quiet a nice card with an odd form and only 72 pin ram. I have problems with the mouse cause it has no ps2 connector at least there're the point on the board but I don't find a connector for this (just like old serial adapter/parallel). I should build one but not really patience now. So I am using a converter from serial to ps2 with a Trust ps2 mouse. I don't know if I'm wrong but I was expecting that the system would have found the mouse during Win95 installation but no mouse moving here. In the mainboard manual there's also a strange jumpers to enable or disable ps2 that I can't find on the mainboard...
Can I use a serial mouse or I need some special driver/irq configuration/whatever? 😁

Bye

Reply 2 of 4, by 386SX

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

For the same reason I changed to an older ps2 mouse and same thing. Another weird think I've seen is that most of the time it boot in dos even keyboard stop responding with block num led on and even no crt-alt-canc runs. But in bios keyboard runs and I installed Win95 one time with keyboard ok (it's an old keyboard heavy as iron 😁 but ok). It would seems that some conflicts is happening but I can figure it out. In the bios no option about keyboard configuration but I have tried changing serial irq and serial 1 to 2. In Dos it finds the mouse during boot so it's already a good thing.

Reply 3 of 4, by 386SX

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Solved. Probably both the mouse I have doesnt support the serial to ps2
connector. By the way I found the hidden jumper on the mainboard and
built a connector to use the ps2 mouse and after some tests now ps2
works flawless.Actually testing it with a P75,96mb 72pin and Arachne browser
I am posting with. 😁