VOGONS

First post, by brandsizzle

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hey Guys, just wanted to confirm what I am seeing with a system I am building.

I have 2 Pentium 3 motherboards I'm working with
Asus CUSL2-C with modded Tualitan 1.4ghz
Asus TUV4X with Tualitan 1.4ghz

The Voodoo 5 5500 AGP works on the CUSL2-C with it's AGP 4x slot but doesn't work with the TUV4X with it's AGP 4X Pro Universal slot. The system boots and appears like it's posting (no beeps) but nothing on the screen, I only found one forum post of another person who had this issue (same board and card) but just swapped for a different mobo.

I'm hoping someone could confirm if this is an issue with this mobo not supporting 3.3v agp cards?

Thanks

TUV4X - https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc= … jMhQGtbJwdz-lKQ

Reply 1 of 3, by brandsizzle

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Updated the bios to 1006.002 which made no difference. The system appears to post fine but no video, the AGP Pro Universal slot should be fine to supply 3.3v. I assume by the lack of replies I'm sorta on my own with this, likely I'll try to swap the power supply and if that makes no difference move to another motherboard.

Reply 2 of 3, by obobskivich

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I don't have any specific advice for this model of board, but by chance do you have another 3.3V AGP card to test (like a Voodoo3)? It may just be a compatibility issue with the Voodoo5 (not saying the card is defective). I vaguely remember reading about that being a "thing" with VSA-100 and some later universal boards, but I doubt I could find a link for you on the topic.

Reply 3 of 3, by brandsizzle

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I did some testing tonight and I have to assume it's something with the board.

S3 Trio 3D AGP 2.0 (Works Perfectly)
ATI Rage Pro Turbo AGP 2.0 (Monitor light goes green but no video)
Voodoo 3 3000 AGP 2.0 (Monitor light off, no video)
Voodoo 4 4500 AGP 2.0 (Work Perfectly)
Voodoo 5 5500 AGP 4.0 compatible (Monitor light off, no video)
ASUS AGP-V3000 AGP 1.0 (Works Perfectly)

All these cards were tested on another machine, I'm going to just go back to using the CUSL2-C. I read up on the AGP Pro Universal document straight from Intel and it says it supports AGP 1/2 (3.3v) and AGP 4 (1.5v) but something is up with mine. Oh well, sad panda 🙁