VOGONS

First post, by maxtrix

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi

I have an Audigy 2 card, this card works well in windows 98 SE, but I'm having problems to use it in DOS. I installed the SB16 emulation and the audigy 2 patch to use it in DOS.

When the system starts, it says it initialized completed. but there is no sound in DOS applications and running DOS apps to detect sound doesn't work
and if you go to DOS mode in windows, and try to run SBEGO.exe or any application to detect sound, the PC restarts itself.

here is how the AUTOEXEC.BAT runs:
YZwCtZil.jpg

And here it is the AUTOEXEC.BAT file:

mode con codepage prepare=((850) C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND\ega.cpi) mode con codepage select=850 keyb la,,C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND\keyboard.s […]
Show full quote

mode con codepage prepare=((850) C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND\ega.cpi)
mode con codepage select=850
keyb la,,C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND\keyboard.sys

SET CTSYN=C:\WINDOWS
SET BLASTER= A220 I7 D1 H5 P330
C:\ARCHIV~1\CREATIVE\DOSDRV\SBEINIT.COM
C:\dosdrv\Audigy12.exe

Here is the Config.sys file:

DEVICE=C:\WINDOWS\HIMEM.SYS DEVICE=C:\WINDOWS\EMM386.EXE device=C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND\display.sys con=(ega,,1) Country=052,850,C:\W […]
Show full quote

DEVICE=C:\WINDOWS\HIMEM.SYS
DEVICE=C:\WINDOWS\EMM386.EXE
device=C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND\display.sys con=(ega,,1)
Country=052,850,C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND\country.sys
SBESET -A220 -I5 -D1 -H5 -P330 -j0 -d1 -w0 -c

One thing I noticed is that the SB16 Emulation drivers always appears with an exclamation mark. Previously I had an IRQ problem with this but I recently solved forcing the Audigy card to the irq 7 (Assigning via BIOS the PCI slot), allowing the SB16 to take the irq 5.

(Windows is in Spanish, but is the same)

Egtm1ztl.jpg

If you go to the device administrator, and check the resources of the SB16 and clic Accept, the exclamation mark dissapears but the system becomes unstable. Shows there is a driver called MMDEVLDR.VXD connot be loaded (Code 2)

tUeOhkLl.jpg

What can I do to fix it?

Reply 1 of 7, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Ask hardware and its configuration problems in Marvin. This forum is for DOS games.

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers

Reply 4 of 7, by maxtrix

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Sammy wrote:

can you Reserve irq 5 and 7 in BIOS for ISA Devices?
Also disable LPT (parallel Port) in BIOS (because it uses irq 7)

LPT and serial ports disabled.

I will try to put the irq 5 and 7 as isa to try.

The motheboard is a soyo 7vba 133

Here it is the manual http://www.motherboards.org/files/manuals/107/m7vba13310.pdf

If anybody can find an option that can be useful for this.

Reply 6 of 7, by StickByDos

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Your autoexec.bat and config.sys don't use the same IRQ

Don't reserve IRQ for ISA, it's a PCI sound card (emulating an ISA card...)
Check the advanced properties in control panel if you can assign resources manually for SB16 emulation

Your SBESET line in config.sys looks strange, a config.sys line don't start with program name, I'd put it in autoexec.bat just before SBEINIT line

Type win to loose the power of your computer !

Reply 7 of 7, by maxtrix

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
StickByDos wrote:
Your autoexec.bat and config.sys don't use the same IRQ […]
Show full quote

Your autoexec.bat and config.sys don't use the same IRQ

Don't reserve IRQ for ISA, it's a PCI sound card (emulating an ISA card...)
Check the advanced properties in control panel if you can assign resources manually for SB16 emulation

Your SBESET line in config.sys looks strange, a config.sys line don't start with program name, I'd put it in autoexec.bat just before SBEINIT line

Hi, I fixed the problem (In a way you shouln't do) I take apart the Audigy 2 and I put a SB Live! 5.1 sb0100 that I have hanging around. When the system boots, the card installed itself with the audigy drivers!!!, next the SB16 emulation worked out of the box!

But it have consecuences, the directx scrambled all around and Dsound stopped to work, so I uninstalled audigy 2 drivers, Now I don't find a driver to get sound.

I will format the PC to start over again.

But for the problem is wasn't solved only I take the money route.