VOGONS

Reply 4020 of 4609, by chinny22

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Replied to an add on freecycle that simply said "Box of 36 PC and 4 XBox (Original) Games and utilities"
Freecycle shrinks the photos so could only just make out Halo so thought maybe a good game or 2, In the end it wasn't a bad haul

The original Xbox is the only console I've ever owned, not that I really ever used it and only have about 30 games. Wasn't much chance of doubles first 3 games are cool, the rest I've no strong feelings towards.
Xbox Games
Halo - own Halo 2 so nice to own the earlier title even though I don't really like the game
Project Gotham - Also own the sequel, only this time I'm looking forward to playing this game
Metal Gear Solid 2 -Metal Gear Solid, Metal Gear Solid 1 was an awesome game borrowed a mates PS1 to play #1 so 2 may be good
Pirates of the Caribbean
NightCaster
FIFA 2003
Xbox Mag Disc21
Xbox Mag Disc24

PC Games
Sims & Living it Up
Sims on Holiday
Sims Unleashed
Sims Hot Date
Sims House Party
Sims Thats Life
Funny enough I just finished "finding" all the original Sim's games for a retro PC I ran up for my sister She owns alot of the expansions but not sure what she was missing, will use this to make up any gaps and sell the rest.
Sims 2 & Sims 2 University, No idea what my sister owns of Sims 2, will pass any onto her if she's missing them
Simcity 3000 World Edition, Another of my sisters games, happy to have a copy of my own and it's even the updated version
Age of Empires 2 & Conquerors Expansion, Already have this but backup copy is nice
Encarta 98 Deluxe, Nice for Period builds even if I'll never actually run it.
Half Life Generation, Not really my type of game but guess should own a copy much like Quake 3
Hopkins FBI/ B-Hunter, Didnt know either of these games but B-Hunter looks cool,

and the below PC games I've no desire to keep, If anyone wants the below for the cost of shipping let me know!
F1 Manager
A Bugs life
Dinosaur Hunter
Creatures 2
Oxford Encyclopedia
Hunchback of NotreDame Topsy Turvy Games
The Logical Journey of the Zoombinis
Chicken Run Fun Pack
Pro Evolution Soccer 5
FIFA Football 2002
Guildwars
Master Rallye
Simcity 4

Reply 4022 of 4609, by BitWrangler

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Kinda, but it's been a very long while and last was a printer sharer box that I've not had much use for.

Unicorn herding operations are proceeding, but all the totes of hens teeth and barrels of rocking horse poop give them plenty of hiding spots.

Reply 4023 of 4609, by Repo Man11

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I don't think there's anyone who posts here that doesn't get excited when they spot a beige rectangular object somewhere. Most often these days it turns out to be something like an old microwave, but that doesn't stop us from having a closer look just to be sure.

"I'd rather be rich than stupid" - Jack Handey

Reply 4024 of 4609, by IBMFan

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

The last time I got something beige from e-waste it was a crappy P4 stuffed into an AT case for some reason.

Attachments

Reply 4025 of 4609, by RandomStranger

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
chinny22 wrote on 2023-01-16, 16:11:

FIFA Football 2002

I have a soft spot for that game, but I already have a copy and even if I wouldn't, it doesn't worth importing. There are a lot of cheap options locally.

sreq.png retrogamer-s.png

Reply 4026 of 4609, by PcBytes

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Can attest, the last time I got a beige dumpster dive it turned out to be a early DDR based Duron at best.

It was ironically the black or gray ones that would hold treasures - the last grey machine I've had, it stored a rather juicy Athlon XP machine on a Epox 8RDA6+ - sweet.
And the latest black machine hid a rather nice pair of ADATA Vitesta DDR500 512MB sticks, as well as 2x1GB Kingmax sticks. Not bad, considering the rest was a interesting Winfast NF4UK8AA (nF4 Ultra) mobo, a Radeon X300 (which I don't really see how useful it'd be, but anyways...) and, unfortunately, a standard A64 3200+.

"Enter at your own peril, past the bolted door..."
Main PC: i5 3470, GB B75M-D3H, 16GB RAM, 2x1TB
98SE : P3 650, Soyo SY-6BA+IV, 384MB RAM, 80GB

Reply 4027 of 4609, by BitWrangler

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I could have mustered mild excitement for a 754 A64 3200 ... Local environment has been very dry of any 754 past 3000s and Semprons. x300 might be barely useful if you've got nothing else for a PCIe rig that you want win98 on.

There was a period where boring office configs might be still in beige and enthusiast was in silver/black/grey or something a bit more styling. Though HP/Compaq went black/silver close to millenium.

Unicorn herding operations are proceeding, but all the totes of hens teeth and barrels of rocking horse poop give them plenty of hiding spots.

Reply 4028 of 4609, by pete8475

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
IBMFan wrote on 2023-01-18, 16:47:

The last time I got something beige from e-waste it was a crappy P4 stuffed into an AT case for some reason.

A P4 in an AT case?!?!?!?!

Are you sure about that?

Does an AT socket 478 or hell even 423 board even exist?

If you still have this thing post pics ASAP!!!!

Reply 4029 of 4609, by Repo Man11

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
pete8475 wrote on 2023-01-19, 01:11:
A P4 in an AT case?!?!?!?! […]
Show full quote
IBMFan wrote on 2023-01-18, 16:47:

A P4 in an AT case?!?!?!?!

Are you sure about that?

Does an AT socket 478 or hell even 423 board even exist?

If you still have this thing post pics ASAP!!!!

We covered that in a thread a while back - there were AT Socket 478 and Socket A motherboards. An AT power supply that can handle a Socket A CPU is probably even more rare than the motherboard.

Reply 4030 of 4609, by pete8475

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Repo Man11 wrote on 2023-01-19, 01:41:

We covered that in a thread a while back - there were AT Socket 478 and Socket A motherboards. An AT power supply that can handle a Socket A CPU is probably even more rare than the motherboard.

Really? I must have missed that thread or somehow forgotten about it.

Got a link? I'm not having much luck finding it.

Reply 4031 of 4609, by Repo Man11

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
pete8475 wrote on 2023-01-19, 02:17:
Repo Man11 wrote on 2023-01-19, 01:41:

Really? I must have missed that thread or somehow forgotten about it.

Got a link? I'm not having much luck finding it.

It was this thread: Re: Most recent platform for Baby AT motherboards?

Reply 4032 of 4609, by pete8475

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Repo Man11 wrote on 2023-01-19, 02:37:

Thanks! Kind of glad to see I didn't post in that thread... 🤣

Reply 4033 of 4609, by chinny22

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
RandomStranger wrote on 2023-01-18, 17:03:
chinny22 wrote on 2023-01-16, 16:11:

FIFA Football 2002

I have a soft spot for that game, but I already have a copy and even if I wouldn't, it doesn't worth importing. There are a lot of cheap options locally.

Yeh I'm not really expecting much interest, none of it is really collectible.
I may put them up on ebay for £1, even if 1 game escapes the bin then its a win but I expect thats where most of this will end up.

Reply 4034 of 4609, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Ok as some of you may know I work on commercial properties and have found a few things (like this: Re: I recently found this hardware, AKA the Dumpster find thread.) and today saw a stack -o-crap at one of the Apartments, what caught my eye was the floor jack and gas cans. Next to them was bunch of broken furniture and a "tote" type container with coffee maker, other kitchen stuff and a box with two motherboards. So I grabbed the boards. They both were in anti-static.
One is a Soyo SY-6BA+ III w/ P2-450, other is a QDI KuDoz 7X/600 in original box with manuals, cd and cables. Well the QDI 7x/600 def needs recapping but saw no real bloating/cap leaks on the Soyo. Too bad no memory or AGP vid cards were included.
One other thing was a PCI Cirrus 5446 inside the QDI box. Will test the vid card an Soyo later this week but need to hunt down about a dozen caps for the QDI. Just sharing what some in my area throw out 😀

Attachments

• Img_2151s.jpg
    Filename
    Img_2151s.jpg
    File size
    416.72 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Public domain
  • Img_2152s.jpg
    Filename
    Img_2152s.jpg
    File size
    118.39 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Public domain
  • Img_2153s.jpg
    Filename
    Img_2153s.jpg
    File size
    108.54 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Public domain

Hate posting a reply and then have to edit it because it made no sense 😁 First computer was an IBM 3270 workstation with CGA monitor. Stuff: https://archive.org/details/@horun

Reply 4035 of 4609, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

QDI

Attachments

• Img_2154s.jpg
    Filename
    Img_2154s.jpg
    File size
    224.66 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Public domain
  • Image1.jpg
    Filename
    Image1.jpg
    File size
    256.39 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Public domain

Hate posting a reply and then have to edit it because it made no sense 😁 First computer was an IBM 3270 workstation with CGA monitor. Stuff: https://archive.org/details/@horun

Reply 4038 of 4609, by BitWrangler

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Sweet, you must have won favor with the old gods, the new ones don't seem to deal in shiny trinkets to please mortals. 🤣