VOGONS

First post, by CompuClassics

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

So I decided to put a install of OS/2 Warp 4 on a seperate Hard Drive (I'm gonna be making a video on it and how it runs DOS and Win3.1 Games)
I had to swap the ATI Mach64 Card with a S3 Trio 64V2 which only had 1MB RAM I believe and since I couldn't get AWE64 working with OS/2 Warp 4, I putted in a Sound Blaster 16 CT2230

OS/2 Warp is now running though there's one catch though
There appears to be no sound support for Windows 3.1 Applications or WIN/OS/2 Full Screen (looks like there only exists drivers to add for Sound Blasters 1.0 and 1.5)
Should I just choose one of them and it will work or will I have to get a seperate driver to download
Either way, I'll be making a video of OS/2 Warp 4 running DOS Games on actual hardware

Reply 1 of 2, by ynari

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I can't remember off the top of my head whether Warp 4 supports AWE32/64 in WinOS/2 - I'm pretty sure it did. AWE32/64 are definitely supported in OS/2 itself, but you may have to fiddle around with the parameters.

I wouldn't have thought that SB1/1.5 would work - it has to be an actual SB16/32/64 driver, just like for actual Windows 3.1.

Reply 2 of 2, by ynari

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

To resurrect an old thread - an AWE32 (actually a Soundblaster 32 PnP) 'just works' in an install of Warp 4 as I thought. Automatically detected, starts up with the usual deafening startup sound.