VOGONS

Ultimate OS/2 Warp 4 machine?

Topic actions

Reply 40 of 46, by Caluser2000

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Here is some of my OS/2 stuff. I have more in a box out in the garage.

Attachments

• DSC_0000247.jpg
    Filename
    DSC_0000247.jpg
    File size
    226.82 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

There's a glitch in the matrix.

Reply 41 of 46, by appiah4

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

So fun to see this topic get more traffic. I am also in the process of building an OS/2 Warp Connect workstation using an IBM 5x86-100 which I think is an oddly perfect pairing 😀

Retronautics: A digital gallery of my retro computers, hardware and projects.

Reply 42 of 46, by OzzFan

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Fascinating thread! I'm still trying to figure out which system I want to put my copy of IBM OS/2 Warp 3 Red Spine on - but I really want it to have networking and I can't seem to get MS Lan Manager 2.2c working on it. Preferably I'd like to have newer networking support so that it can join my Win2k3 domain. I also have a copy of OS/2 Warp 4 Blue Spine that I think I have a system for (Penium III 450MHz), but the project has been put on hold as I've been very busy with remodeling my basement to be my computer den and trying to get up-to-speed on coding in DOS & Windows 3.1x. Speaking of which, does anyone know if the Digital Mars C++ compiler can create OS/2 native applications? Or is a different compiler needed?

A (mostly accurate) listing of my computer systems: http://www.shelteringoak.com/OzzNet/

Reply 43 of 46, by Caluser2000

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Found this in a red spine OS/2 Warp Connect box...

Attachments

• DSC_0000258.jpg
    Filename
    DSC_0000258.jpg
    File size
    363.96 KiB
    Views
    File license

Reply 44 of 46, by Caluser2000

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Then found this in one of my storage boxes out in the garage...

Attachments

• DSC_0000259.jpg
    Filename
    DSC_0000259.jpg
    File size
    422.85 KiB
    Views
    File license
Last edited by Stiletto on 2021-01-02, 03:51. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 45 of 46, by Caluser2000

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
OzzFan wrote on 2021-01-01, 00:34:

Fascinating thread! I'm still trying to figure out which system I want to put my copy of IBM OS/2 Warp 3 Red Spine on - but I really want it to have networking and I can't seem to get MS Lan Manager 2.2c working on it. Preferably I'd like to have newer networking support so that it can join my Win2k3 domain. I also have a copy of OS/2 Warp 4 Blue Spine that I think I have a system for (Penium III 450MHz), but the project has been put on hold as I've been very busy with remodeling my basement to be my computer den and trying to get up-to-speed on coding in DOS & Windows 3.1x. Speaking of which, does anyone know if the Digital Mars C++ compiler can create OS/2 native applications? Or is a different compiler needed?

OS/2 v4 Server and Advance Server have updated network clients that will do DHCP and 32bit network stack. . OS/2 v3 Connects client doesn't.

Reply 46 of 46, by OzzFan

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Caluser2000 wrote on 2021-01-01, 03:01:
OzzFan wrote on 2021-01-01, 00:34:

OS/2 v4 Server and Advance Server have updated network clients that will do DHCP and 32bit network stack. . OS/2 v3 Connects client doesn't.

So then I'll have to install my copy of IBM Communications Manager/2 for OS/2 Warp. Good to know. I think I'll be limited to peer-to-peer networks with that package and won't be able to take advantage of domain authentication. That's ok though, networking is better than sneakernet, using floppies, or rigging up compact flash devices IMHO.

A (mostly accurate) listing of my computer systems: http://www.shelteringoak.com/OzzNet/