VOGONS

Reply 21 of 22, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I think you should restrict submissions to a particularly known excellent VGA card (such as those that show up on http://gona.mactar.hu/DOS_TESTS/
or else you'll have too many variables?

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto

Reply 22 of 22, by xjas

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

^^ Meh, that seems needlessly restrictive, not everyone has an exhaustive collection of VGA cards to choose exactly the right one from (least of all me) and that would prevent running from laptops. Most of the apps I included should run on any reasonably compliant VGA, Copper & Dowhackado being the main wildcards. Really I'm not aiming for a full scientifically rigorous dataset, just a bunch of useful info/hints for DOS enthusiasts who might be trying to choose a monitor. 😉

I thought of adding CGA composite, which is rather non-standard and can be problematic to run, but I imagine the amount of people who have a CGA card *and* a dual-scan VGA/NTSC monitor they want to test is a bit limited. (I don't have a CGA myself.)

twitch.tv/oldskooljay - playing the obscure, forgotten & weird - most Tuesdays & Thursdays @ 6:30 PM PDT. Bonus streams elsewhen!