Rank
l33t

AST

Attachments

Reply 361 of 366, by Chnpp00

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have a couple of requests, if anyone is still wiling to make some wallpapers. One that is 1280x1024, and is ATI Radeon X800 and AMD Athlon 64 based. The other one is a Pentium D Extreme Edition and Quadro FX 4800 Combo. Thanks to anyone who is willing to do this!!

Reply 362 of 366, by GrampaGotTheKeys

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Godlike wrote on 2019-11-03, 10:32:

I got this wallpaper in my Compaq Presario 1995, such great pc

Donating some from one of my first computers, a Compaq Evo:

Attachments

Reply 363 of 366, by Tommaso72

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Sorry if this is the wrong thread but it's close to the topic. I have an IBM Aptiva with Win95 and have the original screen saver for IBM with the eye ball and the bee flying around. I was just curious how to save it to keep the screen saver? Is it possible to save it without a set up file? I want to save it too disk so if the hard drive dies I got it backed up. Thanks!

Tommaso

Reply 364 of 366, by peido

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Tommaso72 wrote on 2020-06-06, 03:36:

Sorry if this is the wrong thread but it's close to the topic. I have an IBM Aptiva with Win95 and have the original screen saver for IBM with the eye ball and the bee flying around. I was just curious how to save it to keep the screen saver? Is it possible to save it without a set up file? I want to save it too disk so if the hard drive dies I got it backed up. Thanks!

Tommaso

Hi. I'm not sure, but I think that screensavers are SCR files in the C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM folder.

Reply 366 of 366, by waterbeesje

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

May be because I'm still getting the hang of Vogons, here's my contribution to wallpapers and so.

Got some wallpapers and the screensaver from my IBM Aptiva 2137. It came with still the original installation.

The attached ZIP one contains these files:
- c:\startlogo.oem (Win 95 startup screen; not sure what it does or if it is special at all)
- c:\windows\IBMBLUE.BMP (nice low res background)
- c:\windows\OEMLOGO.BMP (full blown IBM background; my favourite)
- c:\windows\OEMWALL.BMP (small IBM logo)
- c:\windows\OEMINFO.INI (OEM info that should be displayed in computer properties)
- c:\windows\system\IBM.SCR (IBM Eye Bee M screensaver)
Please note I have copied them from an old hard disk and zipped them. Checked fo virusses at my Win10 computer with Windows defender (none detected), but further as is. Use at your own risk.

Originally posted in another thread:
IBM Aptiva 2137 - IBM theme files found!

The download:
download/file.php?id=85624

Stuck at 10MHz...