VOGONS

First post, by Niezgodka

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi. I read somewhere that ThinkPads are so good for Dos gaming. Sound Blaster and screen. So I got one, however it looks that screen of it in DOS is not scalled. It takes like have of the screen. Is there any way to scale it for fullscreen in DOS?

Reply 2 of 9, by KJason

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

There definitely is ... my Thinkpad 365ED scales low resolutions just fine (display is 640x480.) It may be in the CMOS setup if it's not a Fn+key combo on the keyboard.

I'll check when I get home.

Reply 3 of 9, by nforce4max

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Some are and some are not but the older pentium 1 and 486 are very compatible however avoid any models that has the disgusting DTSN screens especially if they are going bad. Reasons are mostly bad color saturation, ghosting, and often showing lines that is typical of a failing screen. Most eBay sellers are dumb as rocks so they never test anything so buying is a roll of the dice.

On a far away planet reading your posts in the year 10,191.

Reply 4 of 9, by bjt

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I believe it's the same as my 370C. There's a program called PS2.EXE that's used to set the CMOS settings, including screen scaling.
I even found a link for you.

http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/ds013835

Reply 5 of 9, by Stojke

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

My 380ed does not scale full screen, it increases pixel density/space when I use FN combo. Will try that app once, I use mine for nesticle.

Note | LLSID | "Big boobs are important!"

Reply 6 of 9, by calvin

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

It may be configurable in firmware.

2xP2 450, 512 MB SDR, GeForce DDR, Asus P2B-D, Windows 2000
P3 866, 512 MB RDRAM, Radeon X1650, Dell Dimension XPS B866, Windows 7
M2 @ 250 MHz, 64 MB SDE, SiS5598, Compaq Presario 2286, Windows 98

Reply 7 of 9, by dr_st

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

On newer Thinkpads there is a "Screen expansion" option in the BIOS, which controls exactly this. Not sure the 600 series would have this. Perhaps the Fn+F8 combination serves the same purpose.

https://cloakedthargoid.wordpress.com/ - Random content on hardware, software, games and toys

Reply 8 of 9, by calvin

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

The 600X is just before they switched to Phoenix BIOS, so it'll be the "classic" ThinkPad configuration.

2xP2 450, 512 MB SDR, GeForce DDR, Asus P2B-D, Windows 2000
P3 866, 512 MB RDRAM, Radeon X1650, Dell Dimension XPS B866, Windows 7
M2 @ 250 MHz, 64 MB SDE, SiS5598, Compaq Presario 2286, Windows 98

Reply 9 of 9, by Niezgodka

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
bjt wrote:

I believe it's the same as my 370C. There's a program called PS2.EXE that's used to set the CMOS settings, including screen scaling.
I even found a link for you.

http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/ds013835

Thank You so much. Yes, there is ps2 dos program that must be run in MS-DOS mode. After that you have one of the option to change resolution.
You have no idea guys how much you helped me. Thank you so much.