VOGONS

First post, by dacow

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

It's been on my todo list for a while so I finally got around to unboxing a Voyetra OP-4001 NOS I received a while back. Similar to badmojo's V-4001 unit (Voyetra V-4001 Intelligent MIDI Interface)

It does what it says it does, plays MIDI 😀 If anyone has anything they want me to test let me know. Doesn't crash in WC fireworks scene. No fancy floppies however.

M8hLhYcm.jpg M3SCwMMm.jpg?1 IkWOFG7m.jpgm?1

yooMZtZm.jpg?1 KXdY6kEm.jpg 3BkrOC5m.jpg?1

cM3iHG5m.jpg?1 d7Al3yAm.jpg dvNoM9Ym.jpg
GWEb1Vom.jpg Mt6lJQwm.jpg

1lPhFcwm.jpg yNw3DLcm.jpg LuzURjmm.jpg

Reply 2 of 4, by dacow

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Yeah I'm fairly sure I purchased it from someone who had a few boxes. I thought why not, I might kick myself otherwise. It's like the XR-385 clones that seemed plentiful at one point and then all of a sudden they dried up and now no one has any for sale! You're right about being too easy though, I plugged it in fired up some games and they just worked. The hardest part was pulling my MT-32 out of storage!

Reply 3 of 4, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

It's a nice midi interface with the Roland chipset so it won't have any compatibility problems 😁 A good purchase.

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 4 of 4, by dacow

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Thanks 😀 I just wanted to grab it since it was NOS and didn't own any intelligent midi interfaces back then. I ended up purchasing a couple of music quest cards of forum members so never really got around to opening the Voyetra up. Good to know it works! 😁