VOGONS

First post, by emosun

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

it's an e193761(i think) form a multimedia L190 and it won't post , doesn't give any beep codes regardless of what i do.

I've tried

leaving extra drives and cards un attached
New cmos battery
leaving the battery and power supply unplugged for an old school bios reset
different ram sticks
reseating the ram , power connectors , and cpu , and riser board

I'm out of ideas on troubleshooting. this board DID work a few months ago. there's nothing burned or leaking on the board

Reply 2 of 4, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
emosun wrote:

it's an e193761(i think)

If memory serves that's just an Intel serial number (or something) and not the actual part number for the motherboard. The actual model number is probably elsewhere. I could be wrong though.

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto

Reply 3 of 4, by shamino

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

If you have any compatible PSU, try swapping that to see if it helps. If you have a multimeter, you could also measure the voltages at one of the unused power connectors. This doesn't rule out a bad PSU though because a meter can't see everything, but at least it sees the average voltage on the lines you can probe.
Try holding <DEL> while powering up. Also try <INS>. One of those (or perhaps some other key) might force a reset, I had that "fix" an Asus board once.
I don't know for sure with Packard Bell, but generally I'd expect a beep code if the BIOS code is executing. So if the speaker is connected properly and there's no beep, I think that limits the problem to power, motherboard, CPU, and BIOS. RAM or Video issues should trigger a beep code, unless Packard Bell is different.

Stiletto wrote:
emosun wrote:

it's an e193761(i think)

If memory serves that's just an Intel serial number (or something) and not the actual part number for the motherboard. The actual model number is probably elsewhere. I could be wrong though.

I think it's a regulatory code or something like that. Intel put that same number on seemingly all of their motherboards for a few years. Since Intel didn't label their boards prominently, this generally gets misinterpreted as the model name. One can find an awful lot of E139761 motherboards on eBay/Google. 😀

Reply 4 of 4, by King_Corduroy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
emosun wrote:
it's an e193761(i think) form a multimedia L190 and it won't post , doesn't give any beep codes regardless of what i do. […]
Show full quote

it's an e193761(i think) form a multimedia L190 and it won't post , doesn't give any beep codes regardless of what i do.

I've tried

leaving extra drives and cards un attached
New cmos battery
leaving the battery and power supply unplugged for an old school bios reset
different ram sticks
reseating the ram , power connectors , and cpu , and riser board

I'm out of ideas on troubleshooting. this board DID work a few months ago. there's nothing burned or leaking on the board

It's definitely the PSU I have a 812CD that when I got it would seemingly turn on (the fan would make noise and the HDD spun up, lights came on) but it would not do any video or anything. As soon as I tested it with a new AT PSU it worked flawlessly. 😁

Check me out at Transcendental Airwaves on Youtube! Fast-food sucks!