VOGONS

First post, by Mut

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I got for cheap a ECS DI 602 Multi I/O VLB Board like this https://th99.bl4ckb0x.de/c/E-H/20356.htm

There are some scratchs on back side (but no bad traces) and looks like all caps were removed 🙁

I would like to resolder the removed caps, but could'nt find any picture of this board. Probably they are 10uF 16v eletrolitic caps.

I know thats its not a special board, but is very dificult to find a VLB multi i/o here in Brazil.

Attachments

Reply 1 of 6, by nforce4max

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I hate to say it like this but you need to consider eBay from outside Brazil if you are to have better chances of getting VLB gear. Here in the stats you can get these fairly cheap and sometimes even boxed but VLB graphics cards (the nice ones) are hard to come by. Also consider the German and UK eBay but it will be more expensive.

At least it is not Amiga parts as those can be a real pain in the ass.

On a far away planet reading your posts in the year 10,191.

Reply 2 of 6, by 133MHz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I'm not from Brazil, but I know they pay excruciatingly high import duties for pretty much anything, so I can understand why he's trying to salvage that one.
Personally I'd go 10µF 16V all over it and test.

http://133FSB.wordpress.com

Reply 3 of 6, by Mut

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

And the current exchange rate is around 1 US Dollar = 4 Brazillian Real, some months ago it was around 1 US Dollar = 2 Brazillian Real.

So currently everything from outside will be much more expensive.

Reply 4 of 6, by alexanrs

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I feel ya. Last year I managed to buy a nice Yamaha MID daughterboard, a Voodoo2 and a CGA card from ebay for cheap. Now I count pennies when importing something silly like an unsoldered processor.
I regret not buying one of those modded Tualatins too, US$30 used to be pretty cheap =/

Reply 5 of 6, by Robin4

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Dont know how big these Capacitor cirkels are.. I would choose to go for 25v 10uF

I have checked a Promise EIDE2300Plus and two dtc 2278e cards. They all use the same value.

The logic would be still the same on each brand.

~ At least it can do black and white~

Reply 6 of 6, by nforce4max

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Mut wrote:

And the current exchange rate is around 1 US Dollar = 4 Brazillian Real, some months ago it was around 1 US Dollar = 2 Brazillian Real.

So currently everything from outside will be much more expensive.

Yea the economy has pretty much went down the toilet over there but just remember that Brazil isn't alone and the problems with the global economy are very deep. Impossible to fix and there is no amount of money that can float the system forever, just a matter of time for the big crash. China has lost trillions (USD) over the past few months and global trade is plummeting, even Wal-mart is losing money.

On a far away planet reading your posts in the year 10,191.