VOGONS

Reply 22 of 30, by HighTreason

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Good work indeed. I considered dumping mine but I have a much earlier revision, the card looks different enough that I thought it was unlikely to be compatible and would probably not be worth it.

Think I'm on either a 2.4 or a 3.4. I'd go with 3.4.

My Youtube - My Let's Plays - SoundCloud - My FTP (Drivers and more)

Reply 23 of 30, by mr_bigmouth_502

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Evert wrote:
I won this card in an eBay auction. As you can see it's in great condition, but it's missing an IC, based on what I could gather […]
Show full quote

I won this card in an eBay auction. As you can see it's in great condition, but it's missing an IC, based on what I could gather it's a GAL16V8B-25LP. I saw that you can buy them on eBay for relatively little money. Do they need to be pre-programmed or can I just pop one of them into the card and it will work? Thank you in advance for any advice.

AMBuoDFl.jpg

I wonder, what's with all the pins right by the ISA connector? Is that like a passthrough?

Reply 24 of 30, by JayCeeBee64

User metadata
Rank Retired
Rank
Retired
mr_bigmouth_502 wrote:
Evert wrote:
I won this card in an eBay auction. As you can see it's in great condition, but it's missing an IC, based on what I could gather […]
Show full quote

I won this card in an eBay auction. As you can see it's in great condition, but it's missing an IC, based on what I could gather it's a GAL16V8B-25LP. I saw that you can buy them on eBay for relatively little money. Do they need to be pre-programmed or can I just pop one of them into the card and it will work? Thank you in advance for any advice.

AMBuoDFl.jpg

I wonder, what's with all the pins right by the ISA connector? Is that like a passthrough?

It's for the daughtercard that allows 16-bit sampling:

http://jh.haxor.fi/gf1/cards.html

Ooohh, the pain......

Reply 25 of 30, by Zup

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
HighTreason wrote:

Good work indeed. I considered dumping mine but I have a much earlier revision, the card looks different enough that I thought it was unlikely to be compatible and would probably not be worth it.

Think I'm on either a 2.4 or a 3.4. I'd go with 3.4.

Maybe it should be a good idea dumping it and compare with the other dump. I don't think so, but maybe the GAL contents are equal, and the changes on the board design are in other places. I guess it would be good to know if you can mount any GAL on any GUS card.

Also, if anyone have a faulty GUS would find those dumps very interesting.

I have traveled across the universe and through the years to find Her.
Sometimes going all the way is just a start...

I'm selling some stuff!

Reply 26 of 30, by gdjacobs

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
keropi wrote:

heh, don't feel that way Evert - we all bought the wrong thing at some point 😁

This isn't a mistake. He bought a GUS _AND_ an adventure.

All hail the Great Capacitor Brand Finder

Reply 30 of 30, by ltning

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
sergio27ru wrote on 2020-12-15, 04:18:

Found one for history 😀

I have a 3.74 board (just arrived today along with a rev 3.4, set me back about 150 USD), but I have no idea how to make a dump of that IC - nor if it would be useful to anyone.

The Floppy Museum - on a floppy, on a 286: http://floppy.museum
286-24/4MB/ET4kW32/GUS+SBPro2
386DX-40/20MB/CL5434 ISA/GUSExtreme
486BL-100/32MB/ET4kW32p VLB/GUSPnP/AWELegacy

~ love over gold ~