VOGONS

First post, by beigemore

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Recently got a P2B-LS and am in need of a cheap case in the US that can hold it. It's bigger than normal ATX but not full size E-ATX. The dimension are about 12"x9.5" (30.5mm x 24mm) and 12"x10.7" (30.5mm x 27mm). Any suggestions?

qWpaQ9K.jpg?1

Reply 1 of 9, by Rodoko

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Any late 90's ATX era case should suit this board pretty well, since they have the space to accomodate these kind of boards, only disadvantage is that before putting the motherboard you will need to remove the drive cage or the motherboard tray, which is accessible from the other side by taking the side cover and then the tray itself, this last step depends of the model of the case that you chose
Also make sure when finding the appropiate case that has every hole you see on the board because most cases that are laying on Ebay and other computer stores only have the standard ATX markings and holes and the ones of the (I believe server) board are so rare these days, making a little bit hard to find a case that suits to it, so good luck finding one

BTW I did have one but was in rough shape and was all messed up but I saw that had the holes for that kind of board :3

Reply 3 of 9, by swaaye

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I picked up a new case last week because I needed one that would fit full-length ISA cards. It seems solid to me. Cooling is excessive but the case has a fan controller so it can be controlled (or turned off). This company makes several cases that will fit full length cards / motherboards. It was an easy build with all that open space inside. But the ATX power cable length is a potential concern because the PSU is at the bottom.

It also has both USB 2.0 and 3.0 on the front panel. So you can still hook up an older motherboard's USB header.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?It … N82E16811353085

I looked over almost every mid-tower case Newegg sells. So few cases are compatible with full-length cards these days. Though it's not surprising.

Reply 5 of 9, by swaaye

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
saturn wrote:

When it comes to a cheep case I always go for a cooler-master elite 430.

I either won't fit a full length card or it will be a very tight fit.

Reply 6 of 9, by saturn

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
swaaye wrote:
saturn wrote:

When it comes to a cheep case I always go for a cooler-master elite 430.

I either won't fit a full length card or it will be a very tight fit.

Fits a voodoo5500 without any problems. Coolermaster says it will fit a card upto 12.4" in length.
There is also the HEC 7106.

EDIT
The 430 might not fix the motherboard.

Reply 7 of 9, by Brickpad

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
beigemore wrote:
Recently got a P2B-LS and am in need of a cheap case in the US that can hold it. It's bigger than normal ATX but not full size […]
Show full quote

Recently got a P2B-LS and am in need of a cheap case in the US that can hold it. It's bigger than normal ATX but not full size E-ATX. The dimension are about 12"x9.5" (30.5mm x 24mm) and 12"x10.7" (30.5mm x 27mm). Any suggestions?

qWpaQ9K.jpg?1

I've got a Gateway G6-400 case I recently cannibalized that'll accomodate that board nicely.

Reply 8 of 9, by swaaye

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
saturn wrote:

Fits a voodoo5500 without any problems. Coolermaster says it will fit a card upto 12.4" in length.
There is also the HEC 7106.

Voodoo5 isn't as long as some ISA cards. Or some PCIe cards for that matter. I don't have measurements on hand though.

edit-
I have AWE32 CT3990 and two long versions of Ensoniq Soundscape. The AWE32 is about 14". Don't know offhand what the Ensoniq cards are but they are similar. They are the only cards I couldn't fit in a case I already had. It's been years since I tried to use them.

Reply 9 of 9, by saturn

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

dang 14" that's a long card. But is OP going be using anything over 12" ? I think we should know, it would help us with are suggestions.
Still the HEC 7106 is a good case, I'm working with one now.