VOGONS

What is this video card?

Topic actions

First post, by saturn

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Found it on eBay listed as an ati 9250. But thats all the listing states. Anyone have more info on the card?

Last edited by saturn on 2015-11-18, 16:12. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 2 of 23, by brostenen

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Googling "vga dml-1628" came up with a lot of pages, referring to Radeon 9000's

Don't eat stuff off a 15 year old never cleaned cpu cooler.
Those cakes make you sick....

My blog: http://to9xct.blogspot.dk
My YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/brostenen

001100 010010 011110 100001 101101 110011

Reply 3 of 23, by kixs

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
saturn wrote:

Found it on eBay listed as an ati 9250. But thats all the listing states. Anyone have more info on the card?

What's so special about this card?

Requests are also possible... /msg kixs

Reply 4 of 23, by saturn

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
kixs wrote:
saturn wrote:

What's so special about this card?

Im guessing nothing. It just stood out and I was wandering if anyone had more info on it.

Last edited by saturn on 2015-11-18, 16:13. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 6 of 23, by saturn

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Scali wrote:

It's a DirectX 8.1 card, a derivative of the Radeon 8500 (not related to Radeon 9500+, which are DX9 cards).

the card in the picture and not 9250 in in general 😒

Last edited by saturn on 2015-11-18, 16:14. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 7 of 23, by Sutekh94

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
saturn wrote:
Scali wrote:

It's a DirectX 8.1 card, a derivative of the Radeon 8500 (not related to Radeon 9500+, which are DX9 cards).

I think that post by Scali was a response to kixs's post... Anyways, that card is more than likely yet another variant of the Radeon 9250. All that really has to be said about the 9250s is that they're lower-end DX8.1-era cards, and they seem to be pretty common. Nothing too special about them.

That one vintage computer enthusiast brony.
My YouTube | My DeviantArt

Reply 11 of 23, by Scali

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
saturn wrote:

I away used the two interchangeably, but ya good call.

Well, they aren't.
The GPU is just the big chip on the card. Which is an ATi Radeon 9250, no matter what exact brand and model the whole card is (I have no idea about that... seems like some generic clone... the blue PCB could be a hint, Hercules tended to use blue PCBs in the past, Gigabyte does as well, but I don't know).

http://scalibq.wordpress.com/just-keeping-it- … ro-programming/

Reply 12 of 23, by kixs

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Sutekh94 wrote:
saturn wrote:
Scali wrote:

I think that post by Scali was a response to kixs's post... Anyways, that card is more than likely yet another variant of the Radeon 9250. All that really has to be said about the 9250s is that they're lower-end DX8.1-era cards, and they seem to be pretty common. Nothing too special about them.

I was actually wondering what would be that special about "a low end video card" that someone would have interest in. I guess we all have different reasons 😉

Requests are also possible... /msg kixs

Reply 13 of 23, by havli

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

That logo on the fan looks familiar to me, I'm almost sure I saw it before... but can't remember what manufacturer is it.

HW museum.cz - my collection of PC hardware

Reply 16 of 23, by pewpewpew

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

The silkscreen DML-1628 brings up 'ATI 9200 Series' but much of that seems to be the same source repeated. Do get two different cards on ebay though. Search 'DML video card' brings up same.

Reply 17 of 23, by saturn

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
kixs wrote:

On a second note... I think it might be even an older card... maybe TNT M64 or GF2MX.

That's what I was thinking.

havli wrote:

That logo on the fan looks familiar to me, I'm almost sure I saw it before... but can't remember what manufacturer is it.

I did some looking and come across a company called c.p. Technology witch made video cards at one point.

I almost want to buy it to find out more about it.

Last edited by saturn on 2015-11-19, 03:12. Edited 1 time in total.