VOGONS

Reply 60 of 119, by PCBONEZ

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Don't need i815E for Tualatin, just i815 with B-stepping.

GRUMPY OLD FART - On Hiatus, sort'a
Mann-Made Global Warming. - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.
You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.

Reply 61 of 119, by kanecvr

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Tetrium wrote:
This reply prompted me to look into my old text files with ebay search strings and I made a list of Tualatin boards and apparent […]
Show full quote
kanecvr wrote:

Someone should make a list of socket 370 boards - boards with tualatin support and no ISA, boards with tualatin support and no ISA, boards w/o tualatin support and ISA, boards w/o isa and w/o tualatin support. It would make life easier for some of us 😀

This reply prompted me to look into my old text files with ebay search strings and I made a list of Tualatin boards and apparently also a list of s370 boards that had DDR slots (these might also include s370 boards which do not support Tualatin though).

I also never added i815 boards with ISA slots though, but I reckon those are more of a curiosity so I doubt this matters that much.

I'll go tidy up my lists and post them here, alright?

edit:
Heres the lists, I had to tidy them up a bit and the lists may contain errors like double names or maybe a board that doesn't belong here, but was otherwise interesting to me so I decided to include it anyway.

P3 Tualatin:
GA-6OXET
TUSL2-C
D815EEA2U
SY-TISU
Tomcat i815T
D815EEA2
GA-60XT
MS-6337 V5.0B
815EPT Pro
AE25 shuttle
BD133u IWill
CS30-TC
CS35-TL
CS35-TC
EP-3ETM
EP-3PTA
EP-3PTM
AX34-U
GA-6OXT
Compaq 239116-001
CT-6VIA5T
MSI 815EPT Pro
Abit ST6
694T,TUV4X
DFI CA64-TC
MSI MS-694T Pro
GA-6VTX
GA-6VTXE
GA-6VTXE-A
GA-6IEM
DFI CS62-TC
DFI CS32-TL
ABIT ST6-RAID
Soyo SY-TISU
EPox EP-3VSA
EP-3VSM
EP-3VSA
M6TSU
VT8633
SY-7VBA133U
Soyo 7VBA
AOpen AX3SP-U
Shuttle AV18ET
QDI ADVANCE 10T
ABIT VH6T
Soltek SL-65KV2-CT
Biostar M6VCT
CT-6VID/T
CT-6VJD2/T
CT-6VJD3/T
CT-6AJA4/T
CT-6VIA5/T

P3 DDR:
GA-6RX
MS-6365
MS-6366
AX37 Plus
AX37 Pro
370SDA
PRO266
CT-6VJD2
EP-3VHA
GA-6RXB
M6VLQ Pro
SL-65DRV
PRO266T
D1235
D1236
D1237
D1238
D1239
MSI 815EPT

Tualatin DDR:
CT-6VID
CT-6VJD3
P6VPA2T ECS

^ this should be sticky-ed somewhere ^

Reply 62 of 119, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
kanecvr wrote:
Tetrium wrote:
This reply prompted me to look into my old text files with ebay search strings and I made a list of Tualatin boards and apparent […]
Show full quote
kanecvr wrote:

Someone should make a list of socket 370 boards - boards with tualatin support and no ISA, boards with tualatin support and no ISA, boards w/o tualatin support and ISA, boards w/o isa and w/o tualatin support. It would make life easier for some of us 😀

This reply prompted me to look into my old text files with ebay search strings and I made a list of Tualatin boards and apparently also a list of s370 boards that had DDR slots (these might also include s370 boards which do not support Tualatin though).

I also never added i815 boards with ISA slots though, but I reckon those are more of a curiosity so I doubt this matters that much.

I'll go tidy up my lists and post them here, alright?

edit:
Heres the lists, I had to tidy them up a bit and the lists may contain errors like double names or maybe a board that doesn't belong here, but was otherwise interesting to me so I decided to include it anyway.

P3 Tualatin:
GA-6OXET
TUSL2-C
D815EEA2U
SY-TISU
Tomcat i815T
D815EEA2
GA-60XT
MS-6337 V5.0B
815EPT Pro
AE25 shuttle
BD133u IWill
CS30-TC
CS35-TL
CS35-TC
EP-3ETM
EP-3PTA
EP-3PTM
AX34-U
GA-6OXT
Compaq 239116-001
CT-6VIA5T
MSI 815EPT Pro
Abit ST6
694T,TUV4X
DFI CA64-TC
MSI MS-694T Pro
GA-6VTX
GA-6VTXE
GA-6VTXE-A
GA-6IEM
DFI CS62-TC
DFI CS32-TL
ABIT ST6-RAID
Soyo SY-TISU
EPox EP-3VSA
EP-3VSM
EP-3VSA
M6TSU
VT8633
SY-7VBA133U
Soyo 7VBA
AOpen AX3SP-U
Shuttle AV18ET
QDI ADVANCE 10T
ABIT VH6T
Soltek SL-65KV2-CT
Biostar M6VCT
CT-6VID/T
CT-6VJD2/T
CT-6VJD3/T
CT-6AJA4/T
CT-6VIA5/T

P3 DDR:
GA-6RX
MS-6365
MS-6366
AX37 Plus
AX37 Pro
370SDA
PRO266
CT-6VJD2
EP-3VHA
GA-6RXB
M6VLQ Pro
SL-65DRV
PRO266T
D1235
D1236
D1237
D1238
D1239
MSI 815EPT

Tualatin DDR:
CT-6VID
CT-6VJD3
P6VPA2T ECS

Lol thanks! 😁

But it still doesn't mention which ones of these actually have an ISA slot and I wouldn't be surprised if some versions of a board with the same model name do have ISA and some others don't.

But some of these boards are never mentioned when it comes to Tualatin like for instance the Compaq one. Many sellers wouldn't even know they had OEM Tualatin boards which were fully standard ATX compatible and had everything except perhaps for overclocking features...which I didn't care about anyway 😁. I once had the chance to buy several of these for like €10 each and it was in Great Britain, but I had no need for them and buying his entire lot (which is what I liked to do, buy loads from the same seller all at once) was a bit too steep for my wallet 😊

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 63 of 119, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
kanecvr wrote:

VOGONS Wiki candidate maybe? 😀

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto

Reply 64 of 119, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Stiletto wrote:
kanecvr wrote:

VOGONS Wiki candidate maybe? 😀

I've already asked for a password reset as I also intent to add the list I posted here Re: S370 Board for Nehemiah Core ?
I think this information could come in handy, but it will require some work to make a list of all the Tualatin boards which actually have ISA slots.

Report spammers here!

Reply 65 of 119, by Standard Def Steve

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hey Tetrium, you should add the QDI Advance 12T to that list. It's a Apollo Pro 266T based board with native Tualatin and DDR support. It works great with 1GB PC3200 modules and easily overclocks to 150MHz FSB, giving you a 1575MHz processor with 300MHz CL2 DDR. AGP support is also much better than VIA's older SDRAM based P3 chipsets. It runs most video cards at AGP4x without instability. It's easily faster than any i815 board I've tested. Heck in 3DMark01 it benches like a 2.4/400 Northwood.

94 MHz NEC VR4300 | SGI Reality CoPro | 8MB RDRAM | Each game gets its own SSD - nooice!

Reply 66 of 119, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Standard Def Steve wrote:

Hey Tetrium, you should add the QDI Advance 12T to that list. It's a Apollo Pro 266T based board with native Tualatin and DDR support. It works great with 1GB PC3200 modules and easily overclocks to 150MHz FSB, giving you a 1575MHz processor with 300MHz CL2 DDR. AGP support is also much better than VIA's older SDRAM based P3 chipsets. It runs most video cards at AGP4x without instability. It's easily faster than any i815 board I've tested. Heck in 3DMark01 it benches like a 2.4/400 Northwood.

Cheers!

I've added it to the text file I copied the list from and will upload it to Vogons wiki as soon as I created a couple new pages on there.
Once there, everybody can add new motherboards to that list, making my life a bit easier 😜

I'm pretty sure the list isn't complete, but I did search and read for many hours before I compiled that list so a lot of work already went into it.

All we need is to create a list of known s370 motherboards which actually have ISA slots (and perhaps also include how many ISA slots), it would make a fine reference for people looking for such a board 😀

Report spammers here!

Reply 67 of 119, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Alright, here you go http://www.vogonswiki.com/index.php/Socket_37 … therboard_Lists

A first attempt at a list of all Tualatin boards which also happen to either feature ISA slots, DDR or DDR but not Tualatin or just Tualatin and nothing else 😁

Report spammers here!

Reply 70 of 119, by PCBONEZ

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Adding the manufacturers names would be beneficial.

Mann-Made Global Warming. - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.
You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.

Reply 71 of 119, by Skyscraper

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I think you can add "QDI ADVANCE 6T (No AGP)" under "P3 Tualatin (1x ISA)"

http://www.motherboards.org/mobot/motherboard … 2BAdvance%2B6T/

New PC: i9 12900K @5GHz all cores @1.2v. MSI PRO Z690-A. 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14. 3070Ti.
Old PC: Dual Xeon X5690@4.6GHz, EVGA SR-2, 48GB DDR3R@2000MHz, Intel X25-M. GTX 980ti.
Older PC: K6-3+ 400@600MHz, PC-Chips M577, 256MB SDRAM, AWE64, Voodoo Banshee.

Reply 72 of 119, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
PCBONEZ wrote:

I can tell most manufacturers just by looking at the model name 🤣
CT = ChainTech
EP = Epox
MS-???? is always MSI
SL Soltek
D???? is always Fujitsu Siemens (I think their boards are nice!)

Except for the ones starting with "GA-", this one remains a mystery to me after all those years...there doesn't seem to be any logic to it whatsoever and google never helped me either, so I guess that one day, on my final day, this will be the first question to ask once I cross the threshold of a dream...

Report spammers here!

Reply 73 of 119, by Skyscraper

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Tetrium wrote:
I can tell most manufacturers just by looking at the model name lol CT = ChainTech EP = Epox MS-???? is always MSI SL Soltek D?? […]
Show full quote
PCBONEZ wrote:

CT = ChainTech
EP = Epox
MS-???? is always MSI
SL Soltek

Except for the ones starting with "GA-", this one remains a mystery to me after all those years...there doesn't seem to be any logic to it whatsoever and google never helped me either, so I guess that one day, on my final day, this will be the first question to ask once I cross the threshold of a dream...

"GA" is Gigabyte 😀

New PC: i9 12900K @5GHz all cores @1.2v. MSI PRO Z690-A. 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14. 3070Ti.
Old PC: Dual Xeon X5690@4.6GHz, EVGA SR-2, 48GB DDR3R@2000MHz, Intel X25-M. GTX 980ti.

Reply 74 of 119, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Skyscraper wrote:
Tetrium wrote:
I can tell most manufacturers just by looking at the model name lol CT = ChainTech EP = Epox MS-???? is always MSI SL Soltek D?? […]
Show full quote
PCBONEZ wrote:

CT = ChainTech
EP = Epox
MS-???? is always MSI
SL Soltek

"GA" is Gigabyte 😀

Lol, I got tons of GA's here, I was only being dramatic 😜

Report spammers here!

Reply 75 of 119, by Skyscraper

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Tetrium wrote:

Lol, I got tons of GA's here, I was only being dramatic 😜

Kind of guessed but you never know 😜

I saved PCBONEZ a Google search! 😉

Reply 76 of 119, by PCBONEZ

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Soyo 7VBA is properly called SY-7VBA133 and it does NOT support Tualatin. (693A Chipset)
They used to write it SY-7VBA 133 (with a space) so it got typo-ed a lot when people dropped the 133.

The Soyo SY-7VBA133U does support Tualatin. Different chipset. 694T
I have one SY-7VBA133U I got just to play with. Recapped it but never used it.
FIC FR33E (or sometimes FR33E-L) The "L" version had OB LAN.
PLE133T Chipset - The ISA Slot, OB sound and LAN were optional with these. Some had them and some didn't.
I have three versions including one with the ISA. The one with ISA is hard to find.
I like the one because of the very small foot print + ISA + they take 1Gb RAM. Great workbench testing board.
Gigabyte GA-6IEML - These support !.4G PIII-S natively.
815E chipset - No ISA
Years ago I had several hundred of these leased out in office machines.
I think there are still 30 or so kicking around there.

Last edited by PCBONEZ on 2015-12-23, 12:35. Edited 7 times in total.

Reply 77 of 119, by PCBONEZ

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Tetrium wrote:
Show full quote
PCBONEZ wrote:

CT = ChainTech
EP = Epox
MS-???? is always MSI
SL Soltek

Yeah. I know that and you know that but people new to this won't so including the information in a public medium like a wiki is a no brainier.

Reply 78 of 119, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
PCBONEZ wrote:
Soyo 7VBA is properly called SY-7VBA133 and it does NOT support Tualatin. (693A Chipset) They used to write it SY-7VBA 133 (wit […]
Show full quote

Soyo 7VBA is properly called SY-7VBA133 and it does NOT support Tualatin. (693A Chipset)
They used to write it SY-7VBA 133 (with a space) so it got typo-ed a lot when people dropped the 133.

The Soyo SY-7VBA133U does support Tualatin. Different chipset.
I have one SY-7VBA133U I got just to play with. Recapped it but never used it.
FIC FR33E (or sometimes FR33E-L) The "L" version had OB LAN.
PLE133T Chipset - The ISA Slot, OB sound and LAN were optional with these. Some had them and some didn't.
I have three versions including one with the ISA. The one with ISA is hard to find.
I like the one because of the very small foot print + ISA + they take 1Gb RAM. Great workbench testing board.
Gigabyte GA-6IEML - These support !.4G PIII-S natively.
815E chipset - No ISA
Years ago I had several hundred of these leased out in office machines.
I think there are still 30 or so kicking around there.

There were in fact 815 boards with ISA by using a bridge chip. I know, as I have one in a build of mine, though I never used it's ISA slot. I know about the troubles this might cause, perhaps such boards can be put in another list of their own, like "Tualatin +ISA (bridged)" or something.
The Soyo 7VBA entry (along with the question mark) has been removed.
The Soyo SY-7VBA133U was already added in the Tualatin list with 2x ISA slot. There might be variants of this board lacking one or both ISA slots, but I don't know. I could change the ISA-slot list to include the number of ISA slots listed is it's maximum or a disclaimer of some sorts?
About the 2 FIC boards you mention. Both seem to be the same, but the FIC FR33E-L seems to lack the ISA slot (it has just solder dots) where the FIC FR33E seems to have the ISA slot. Not sure about the OB LAN, but that's not relevant for this list anyway.

Thanks, the list is updated! 😀

PCBONEZ wrote:
Tetrium wrote:
Show full quote
PCBONEZ wrote:

CT = ChainTech
EP = Epox
MS-???? is always MSI
SL Soltek

Yeah. I know that and you know that but people new to this won't so including the information in a public medium like a wiki is a no brainier.

True, but searching the motherboard model number will always result in finding it's manufacturer anyway. And in some cases it might actually hamper finding information as many boards had model numbers making them indistinguishable from retail boards made by the same manufacturer.
Some boards may even have the same manufacturer, but have different retailers. Using just the model number is the best way to make it idiot-proof I think, or at least for now.

I dunno, but at first I'll do it this way as these basics seem to work and because I find it more important to have a complete and usable list then to not have all the manufacturers named and numbered, so to way 😀

Report spammers here!

Reply 79 of 119, by alexanrs

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I'm adding manufacturer, AGP support (at least one board in the list does not have an AGP port) and number of PCI slots. Is there anything else that should be there?