VOGONS

Reply 20 of 20, by bellarmine

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
ReeseRiverson wrote:

Creative WaveSynth/WG wouldn't install on my machine because it wants a 90MHz Pentium minimum. Is there a work around then?

stuvize wrote:

My install disc does this too 90mhz for win 3.1 and 133mhz for win 9x, download the sound blaster drivers collection archive from Vogons driver library it has a AWE64 install disc folder in it that one lets you install Wave synth WG regardless of CPU. Also some people were mentioning the SPDIF in DOS I noticed Duke3D outputs the synth in DOS

I've always run into this problem myself installing WaveSynth on slower PCs (AMD 133mhz overdrive, 486DX4-100mhz, etc.). I was excited to discover that a workaround actually exists. I've tried to follow the advice above, and downloaded 2 cd images from Vogons's Driver Library: the AWE64 Gold Factory install, and TheMAN's AWE compilation.

However, neither of them seem to solve the problem when I go to install WaveSynth, they both still say "P90 and 8MB RAM needed". Would someone tell me if I'm missing something regarding the above?

I've also found this page on how to 'fix' the problem in the installer itself, which I find intriguing, but just a bit complicated. After all his research, I wish he had provided the 'fixed' file he created for others to enjoy.....
https://mh-nexus.de/en/awe64all.php

Any assistance would be appreciated - Cheers everyone! 😎 Bellarmine

When working on a job, you have 3 criteria: Fast, Good, and Cheap (i.e., Quick, High Quality, and Low Cost). Only 2 out of 3 are practical.