VOGONS

First post, by MrHacker234

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello...

Finally i had time to work with my old computer with Celeron based on P III with clock 633 MHz. Of course it's a base for retro station...But...my TNT2 64 doesn't want to cooperate with any driver what i installed...

71.84 - black screen in Colin McRae Rally menu, gameplay works great, glitched graphics in Midtown Madness II.
45.23 - the same effect.

But...when i installed 30.82, menu loads fine but i hear popping sound in speakers, but gameplay in CMR sometimes lagging...Midtown Madness II still looks not fine, popping sound in speakers like in CMR on menu . 28.32 version have the same problem like 30.82. When i turn off the hardware acceleration of graphic card...i don't hear the popping. I've even try to format. I have genuie Windows ME (yea...funny to hear that), so i thought that is a problem in operating system. I installed Windows 98 SE, problems still are not resolved

So i have question to you guys...What is the best driver for my TNT2 64?

Thanks for any help!

Reply 1 of 8, by PhilsComputerLab

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I also had black screen issue in D3D games with later drivers.

For my benchmarking project I went with driver version 29.42.

YouTube, Facebook, Website

Reply 2 of 8, by JayCeeBee64

User metadata
Rank Retired
Rank
Retired

I would suggest Detonator 12.41 or even 7.58; TNT/TNT2 tend to work better with older drivers IMO.

Ooohh, the pain......

Reply 3 of 8, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

This forum is for Windows games. Old hardware, its configuration and drivers should be asked in Marvin. Newer hardware can be asked in Milliways.

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers

Reply 4 of 8, by MrHacker234

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
collector wrote:

This forum is for Windows games. Old hardware, its configuration and drivers should be asked in Marvin. Newer hardware can be asked in Milliways.

Oops! Sorry! This topic can be moved where must be!

Okay...i'm after battle with my hardware. Popping sound is caused by...bad drivers of my Sound Blaster PCI128 wich i installed from CD...so i have downloaded newest drivers for this card...and it's working! What about TNT2 64? I just installed the same driver like Phill, it's very stable! Games tested on this card:

- Carmageddon for Windows - perfect.
- Colin McRae Rally - perfect.
- TOCA Touring Car Championship - perfect.
- TOCA 2: Touring Cars - perfect.
- STCC - perfect.

Thanks guys for help!

Reply 7 of 8, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
MrHacker234 wrote:
Oops! Sorry! This topic can be moved where must be! […]
Show full quote
collector wrote:

Oops! Sorry! This topic can be moved where must be!

Okay...i'm after battle with my hardware. Popping sound is caused by...bad drivers of my Sound Blaster PCI128 wich i installed from CD...so i have downloaded newest drivers for this card...and it's working! What about TNT2 64? I just installed the same driver like Phill, it's very stable! Games tested on this card:

- Carmageddon for Windows - perfect.
- Colin McRae Rally - perfect.
- TOCA Touring Car Championship - perfect.
- TOCA 2: Touring Cars - perfect.
- STCC - perfect.

Thanks guys for help!

I actually somehow liked the TNT2 M64s quite a lot and PCI versions were not hard to find (the 16MB ones were all over the place).
These "just worked" or at least for me they did, kinda like Virges and the GeForce MX cards.

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 8 of 8, by MrHacker234

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

My TNT2 64 version have 4x AGP and 32 MB of VRAM. And works perfect in every game from that time 😉. Today i will test my GeForce 2 MX 400. I want to see differences and compare these two cards.