VOGONS

Reply 20 of 23, by mcobit

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I have the 425 with an upgraded 486DX2/66 Overdrive CPU and 16 MB of RAM. Biggest problem for me is the CRT that shows a very distorted (like pillow distortion) image. There are no controls to compensate for that unfortunately...

Reply 22 of 23, by derSammler

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
mcobit wrote on 2018-10-02, 11:23:

There are no controls to compensate for that unfortunately...

This is usually done by adjusting magnets on the picture tube on these old CRTs. Nothing you should do yourself, however, as it requires working on it while it's open and powered.

Reply 23 of 23, by Nitroraptor53

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
angelripper wrote on 2016-02-07, 13:19:
Hi there, […]
Show full quote

Hi there,

I have a very similar model - a Prolinea net1/33s. It is very flexible in terms of CPU - I have tested mine with a 66MHz DX2, 75MHz Overdrive and even a PODP5V83 (yes, I know it's socket 3, but believe me that it works just fine). As long as your CPU is 5V (or can step down from 5V) it should be fine. You can PM me if you need a CPU, I know a nice guy who happens to have a ton of them, nice prices too. I think that a 100MHz Overdrive is a good choice and it comes with a stock heatsink too.

The one thing I don't like about my Compaq is that it's actually very picky about RAM. The mainboard is equipped with 4MB onboard RAM and you can install additional 16MB to max it out.

It works just fine with all keyboards I have.

Do you still know this guy? I want an Am486 DX4-90 (rare AMD 486) If he has one, how do I contact you?