VOGONS

Reply 40 of 48, by Srandista

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
titsmcgee wrote:

3dfx sli use AFR

No, it definitely didn't! 3dfx SLI used, well... SLI, which means Scan Line Interleave, and it's fundamentally different from AFR.

Socket 775 - ASRock 4CoreDual-VSTA, Pentium E6500K, 4GB RAM, Radeon 9800XT, ESS Solo-1, Win 98/XP
Socket A - Chaintech CT-7AIA, AMD Athlon XP 2400+, 1GB RAM, Radeon 9600XT, ESS ES1869F, Win 98

Reply 42 of 48, by Artex

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
titsmcgee wrote:

Are you the guy that put plydoo all over a voodoo6000?

That guy is Trevormacro. And yes, he sucks for destroying so many of these rare cards with his 'skills.'

My Retro B:\ytes YouTube Channel & Retro Collection
LihnlZ.jpg

Reply 43 of 48, by NostalgicAslinger

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Artex wrote:
titsmcgee wrote:

That guy is Trevormacro. And yes, he sucks for destroying so many of these rare cards with his 'skills.'

Does he have more 6000 cards in his collection? There are also old videos from him on youtube.

Reply 44 of 48, by Artex

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
NostalgicAslinger wrote:
Artex wrote:
titsmcgee wrote:

Does he have more 6000 cards in his collection? There are also old videos from him on youtube.

He has (had?) a ton of these cards and sadly experimented with various 'cooling techniques' on many of them - some of which did not survive. While many out there are trying to preserve history, there are those like this guy who just destroy it.

My Retro B:\ytes YouTube Channel & Retro Collection
LihnlZ.jpg

Reply 45 of 48, by gdjacobs

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Artex wrote:

He has (had?) a ton of these cards and sadly experimented with various 'cooling techniques' on many of them - some of which did not survive. While many out there are trying to preserve history, there are those like this guy who just destroy it.

I believe he has many of the publicly released Rampages in his hall of torture as well.

All hail the Great Capacitor Brand Finder

Reply 46 of 48, by NostalgicAslinger

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I hope, that my 6k A3700 will become a long life. I have installed copper heatsinks on the backside of the VSA 100 Chips and one on the bridge chip. The sensitivest component on the 6000. Also a 220 mm big side fan from the case.

Reply 48 of 48, by NostalgicAslinger

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
blurks wrote:
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/vampirediaries/images/c/ca/But-why-meme-generator-but-why-84103d.jpg/revision/latest?cb=2013 […]
Show full quote
NostalgicAslinger wrote:

I have installed copper heatsinks on the backside of the VSA 100 Chips and one on the bridge chip. Also a 220 mm big side fan from the case.

latest?cb=20130811194815

Longer life of the Card. All looks decent, and no overclocking!