VOGONS

First post, by ExTneicsol

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

On my dos rig i tested a audio pnp audio card, the mobo (p5a) doesnt detect it at the power up but does after a reset. 😮 it is a bit weird. Does it ever hapened to anybody else?

Reply 2 of 6, by HighTreason

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

As Half-Saint suggests, try another card if you can. If that card is detected immediately it implies there is no problem with the motherboard. This might indicate a capacitor is going bad on the card and it taking a while to hold charge, causing the card to need a "warm up" period before it will work properly, this would be fairly easy to correct.

My Youtube - My Let's Plays - SoundCloud - My FTP (Drivers and more)

Reply 3 of 6, by ExTneicsol

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I've an old pentium 2 board i will test the sound card on it. The fact is that the card is brand the new. And i have some trouble in windows detecting (windows 95) the card in question and my awe32 that worked before ... strange.

Reply 4 of 6, by ExTneicsol

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I've tested it on a AT pentium board ... detect it righ away and every time! I was a bit disapointed since the audio card is the Compaq Ultra-Sound 32 Pro. But if it work every time on another mobo ... could it be the -5v rail?

Reply 5 of 6, by brostenen

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
ExTneicsol wrote:

I've tested it on a AT pentium board ... detect it righ away and every time! I was a bit disapointed since the audio card is the Compaq Ultra-Sound 32 Pro. But if it work every time on another mobo ... could it be the -5v rail?

Testing with another PSU won't hurt. I think that you can see the voltage ratings somewhere in the BIOS on the P5A.

Don't eat stuff off a 15 year old never cleaned cpu cooler.
Those cakes make you sick....

My blog: http://to9xct.blogspot.dk
My YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/brostenen

001100 010010 011110 100001 101101 110011

Reply 6 of 6, by ExTneicsol

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I have the bad revision of the p5a ... the one that doesnt like the amd k6-2/3 +

I will check the voltage in the BIOS and swap the psu. If it is detected everytime on another modo ... it shouldnt be the card.