VOGONS

Reply 60 of 67, by biessea

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
matze79 wrote:
Play Duke Nukem 3D with General MIDI Sound. […]
Show full quote

Play Duke Nukem 3D with General MIDI Sound.

And load Soundbanks for Ensoniq Audio PCI or 128 PCI into the RAM.
You get a much better Experience.

If you play modern DOS Games, a SB128 will suffice.. but for OPL2 Games.. forget it.

Yes, but if you read better my replies you will understand that I have more other problems, like being work the Gameport, and the Sound Blaster 128 CT4750 that I owned doens't work with Nvidia Nforce 2 chipset. So i switched to a Yamaha YMF724 when a user told me that should work, but this card doesn't solve my problem.

I really really wish to solve, but I need the assistance of users with more experience than me.

Computer lover since 1992.
Love retro-computing, retro-gaming, high-end systems and all about computer-tech.
Love beer, too.

Reply 62 of 67, by biessea

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
henryVK wrote:

Why not just switch out the mainboard for something more compatible? Sounds like the nForce chipset is what's giving you so much grief.

And why Asus A7N8X Deluxe giving with the same chip the gameport connection on the pcb?

I will switch my beloved motherboard only if someone expert tell me that my motherboard will never support gameport by audio card cause a problem about chipset/interrupt/address

Love retro-computing, retro-gaming, high-end systems and all about computer-tech.
Love beer, too.

Reply 64 of 67, by MKT_Gundam

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
matze79 wrote:
Show full quote

If you play modern DOS Games, a SB128 will suffice.. but for OPL2 Games.. forget it.

I used Ensoniq Audio PCI on p3 1ghz with no ISA slots Later DOS games+GM. Sounded ok.

Retro rig 1: Asus CUV4X, VIA c3 800, Voodoo Banshee (Diamond fusion) and SB32 ct3670.
Retro rig 2: Intel DX2 66, SB16 Ct1740 and Cirrus Logic VLB.

Reply 65 of 67, by biessea

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
MKT_Gundam wrote:
matze79 wrote:
Show full quote

I used Ensoniq Audio PCI on p3 1ghz with no ISA slots Later DOS games+GM. Sounded ok.

But no a Nforce 2 chipset I see.

I will find a solution with my problems guys?
Are there in the world a sound card with Gameport that I will make work in my Abit NF7 card?

Love beer, too.

Reply 66 of 67, by biessea

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I just bought an Aureal Vortex with chip AU88x0 that someone said that it can works through dos, but I really hope that gameport can work too, this is the main objective for me.

Love beer, too.

Reply 67 of 67, by MKT_Gundam

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
biessea wrote:

I just bought an Aureal Vortex with chip AU88x0 that someone said that it can works through dos, but I really hope that gameport can work too, this is the main objective for me.

If i recall, the game port is bug-free for MIDI devices
EDIT-Maybe you should try a ESS card.

Retro rig 1: Asus CUV4X, VIA c3 800, Voodoo Banshee (Diamond fusion) and SB32 ct3670.
Retro rig 2: Intel DX2 66, SB16 Ct1740 and Cirrus Logic VLB.