VOGONS

Any thoughts on XGI Volari Z7?

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 28, by vlask

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Rhuwyn wrote:

Welp looks like I wasted my money on these. Anyone want one for the cost of postage? I've got 7 🙁.

Im interested in one or two (2nd one for other collectors), because i missing it on site (vgamuseum.info), but im bit afraid of postage costs into europe and it has to be send as gift to avoid customs.

Not only mine graphics cards collection at http://www.vgamuseum.info

Reply 21 of 28, by Arctic

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I am also interested in one 😀

Rhuwyn wrote:
BloodyCactus wrote:

is it a 3.3v or 5v pci card? I see its keyed for both. I wonder if older 5v systems cant handle it as well, being a dual 3.3/5v card.

According to this it is indeed both. You make a good point.

https://www.startech.com/Cards-Adapters/Sound … r-Card~PCIVGAV7

And PCI-X as well!!

Last edited by Arctic on 2016-05-27, 22:10. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 22 of 28, by nforce4max

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Well at least you got something interesting to pass on 😀
Went through my own collection recently and found that I got myself new in box. Interesting enough there are Win Me drivers for it.

On a far away planet reading your posts in the year 10,191.

Reply 23 of 28, by Rhuwyn

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
vlask wrote:
Rhuwyn wrote:

Welp looks like I wasted my money on these. Anyone want one for the cost of postage? I've got 7 🙁.

Im interested in one or two (2nd one for other collectors), because i missing it on site (vgamuseum.info), but im bit afraid of postage costs into europe and it has to be send as gift to avoid customs.

I really like the idea of helping out someone who is contributing to the retro computing/gaming community. PM me your details and we can estimate the postage cost. We can go from there.

Anyone else who has a website or a Youtube channel that is releasing content for the sake of the community, or user who is known to be active on the forum is free to PM me as well!

Reply 24 of 28, by Rhuwyn

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
nforce4max wrote:

Went through my own collection recently and found that I got myself new in box. Interesting enough there are Win Me drivers for it.

I didn't see them. I was thinking of using the vbe9x drivers for it. Do you have a link? Or you saying it was on the driver disk included with the card in the box?

Reply 25 of 28, by nforce4max

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Rhuwyn wrote:
nforce4max wrote:

I didn't see them. I was thinking of using the vbe9x drivers for it. Do you have a link? Or you saying it was on the driver disk included with the card in the box?

I completely forgotten that I had the card and even worse I had looked for drivers. I will have to check back, if I can't find a link somewhere I will have to sort out my storage rig. It is in upgrade purgatory atm.

Reply 26 of 28, by nforce4max

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Haven't' tried it as I have been very busy but it might work.

Attachments

Reply 27 of 28, by BloodyCactus

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

the V3/V5 is sufficiently different from the Z7, unless its a combined driver.

--/\-[ Stu : Bloody Cactus :: [ https://bloodycactus.com :: http://kråketær.com ]-/\--

Reply 28 of 28, by nforce4max

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
BloodyCactus wrote:

the V3/V5 is sufficiently different from the Z7, unless its a combined driver.

As I had said that I have not gotten around to testing this, too busy with other things. If it doesn't work oh well.