VOGONS

This will make you die inside (really) Voodoo 5 6000 "playdough"

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

Reply 40 of 41, by HighTreason

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Makes me want to find the guy, make him think I own a card and then decide not to sell him it at the last moment, just for "teh lulz" you know.

My Youtube - My Let's Plays - SoundCloud - My FTP (Drivers and more)

Reply 41 of 41, by Jade Falcon

User metadata
Rank BANNED
Rank
BANNED
vlask wrote:

How he connected AGP card to PCIe slot? Some kind of PCI bus bridge? It will affect performance or not?

Is does slow the latency down, but that regained by the faster cpu and what not.
He used a agp to pci and a pci to pcie convertor.

HighTreason wrote:

Makes me want to find the guy, make him think I own a card and then decide not to sell him it at the last moment, just for "teh lulz" you know.

I kind of did that to him along with a few other people. he tried to buy a few cards from me and a few others and we all said no and sold them for far less else were and told him about it.

This guy did to the 3dfx community what would be comparable to the retro PC community of buying up all/most the 3/486 cpu/motherboards and opl sounds cards then killing most of what he had and hiding the rest from the face of the earth.

I understand it was his hardware and his money and he has a right to do what he wants with it and all. But it's they way he did everything that rubs most people the wrong way. It's like buying a lot of original ac cobras and joining a car club for original ac cobra owners then crashing half of them at a club meat up and running off with the rest you own never to be seen again.