VOGONS

Reply 20 of 31, by brassicGamer

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
CelGen wrote:

My Matrox E-VDP.

This requires its own thread entitled: "Do you own any hardware that shouldn't exist or is completely undocumented?"

Check out my blog and YouTube channel for thoughts, articles, system profiles, and tips.

Reply 21 of 31, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
brassicGamer wrote:
CelGen wrote:

My Matrox E-VDP.

This requires its own thread entitled: "Do you own any hardware that shouldn't exist or is completely undocumented?"

Well, his Matrox E-VDP does have its own thread at least 😀
Who knows more about the AMI Video BIOS?

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto

Reply 22 of 31, by brassicGamer

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

How about an MP3 player that has 32MB storage on board with SmartMedia slot and transfers music via parallel port?

jaz-wire.jpg

Check out my blog and YouTube channel for thoughts, articles, system profiles, and tips.

Reply 23 of 31, by SRQ

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Voodoo 3. I prefer using Voodoo 2 SLi combined with a Geforce 256.
TNT2 Pro- Why do I keep this if I have a G256?

3DLabs Wildcat III 6110. Doesn't work with any of my boards but works with 8-bit colour? Weird thing.
PowerMac G3 300. I have never used it for more than an hour due to no nostalgic attachment- but IT'S SO PRETTY.
PowerBook G4 1.67. Same boat.

Reply 24 of 31, by brostenen

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
SRQ wrote:
Voodoo 3. I prefer using Voodoo 2 SLi combined with a Geforce 256. TNT2 Pro- Why do I keep this if I have a G256? […]
Show full quote

Voodoo 3. I prefer using Voodoo 2 SLi combined with a Geforce 256.
TNT2 Pro- Why do I keep this if I have a G256?

3DLabs Wildcat III 6110. Doesn't work with any of my boards but works with 8-bit colour? Weird thing.
PowerMac G3 300. I have never used it for more than an hour due to no nostalgic attachment- but IT'S SO PRETTY.
PowerBook G4 1.67. Same boat.

Strange how Vogon people value hardware differently. To me, Voodoo3 and TNT2-Pro/Ultra are good cards.
I use them for era correct build's, and like them better than later cards.

For me, I have a Diamond TNT-1 128bit PCI card, that I rarely use, as I have an TNT2-M64-PCI.
The TNT2-M64 are passive cooled, the TNT is not. And the fan is not in good shape anymore.
Else... I got a Creative VideoBlaster MP400 CT-6080, that I have no use for, as I don't have any
video-cd's to play on the card. Would be nice to play full-screen MPEG-1 on a 486dx33 though.

Don't eat stuff off a 15 year old never cleaned cpu cooler.
Those cakes make you sick....

My blog: http://to9xct.blogspot.dk
My YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/brostenen

001100 010010 011110 100001 101101 110011

Reply 25 of 31, by SRQ

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

They're good cards, the thing is I just don't have a billion systems so they get superceded. The V3 is actually presently in a system my brother built- and has yet to use. I don't use it myself because V2 SLi + Geforce256 is a more rounded rig. Said Geforce256 is also why the TNT2 is unused.

I also got an offer for /200/ for the G3 today, although not until later in the month. Good lord I am no doubt jumping on that.

Reply 26 of 31, by brostenen

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
SRQ wrote:

They're good cards, the thing is I just don't have a billion systems so they get superceded. The V3 is actually presently in a system my brother built- and has yet to use. I don't use it myself because V2 SLi + Geforce256 is a more rounded rig. Said Geforce256 is also why the TNT2 is unused.

I also got an offer for /200/ for the G3 today, although not until later in the month. Good lord I am no doubt jumping on that.

What hardware is it build from?

Don't eat stuff off a 15 year old never cleaned cpu cooler.
Those cakes make you sick....

My blog: http://to9xct.blogspot.dk
My YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/brostenen

001100 010010 011110 100001 101101 110011

Reply 27 of 31, by xjas

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I have 3 CD caddies left over from my brief period of Amiga CDTV ownership. I will in high likelihood never own another caddy-taking drive. However *if* on the off chance I ever have use for them, I know finding more will be completely impossible. So they sit on my shelf wasting space and being useless.

Dilemmas...

(Anyone need some CD caddies? Hit me up!)

twitch.tv/oldskooljay - playing the obscure, forgotten & weird - most Tuesdays & Thursdays @ 6:30 PM PDT. Bonus streams elsewhen!

Reply 28 of 31, by Rhuwyn

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
torindkflt wrote:

It is currently in storage, but I have one of those translucent blue Sony Memory Stick Pro cards (The full-size one, not the Duo). I never have and likely never will own a device that uses them. Instead, I grabbed it for the sole reason that it most closely resembles the Isolinear Chips from Star Trek, and it made my inner Trekker nerd happy. 🤣

B_7qefaUUAAkZp3.jpg
B_7qemZUgAAmb2Z.jpg

Love this. Almost completely useless and yet so cool.

Reply 30 of 31, by feipoa

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

~50 Realtek, 3Com, Intel, and other PCI-based 10/100 network cards. After upgrading my home network to wired gigabit, I don't see me every going back. T

Plan your life wisely, you'll be dead before you know it.

Reply 31 of 31, by shamino

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
CelGen wrote:

even when you kludge in another video card you'll discover the super proprietary software that you cannot find anywhere because Matrox denies they ever made this and I seem to own the second one still in existance is not actually on the hard drive. The drive is there and it works but it was formatted. Okay, so see what unformat does. Nope. Someone put a fresh install on the system and then a few junk programs like Family Tree Maker and Print Shop so the priceless things like the drivers and programs have long since been overwritten.

Have you tried "testdisk" or something similar? It searches the whole disk image looking for remnants of old files, but I'm not sure if it would be able to recognize the type of files you're looking for. But if you haven't done it already, make a clone image of the disk first to preserve a copy of the current state.