VOGONS

First post, by Elia1995

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Since I haven't seen such a list here in the forums, I thought it'd be nice to start one.
I got a Sound Blaster CT3670, which is an AWE32 sound card and I'm interested in finding (almost) every DOS game that has native support for AWE32, such as Duke Nukem 3D, Blood, Pickle Wars, Doom (higher than v1.2) and more.

Which games have you got guys ? Do you know any native true AWE32/64 DOS games ? Let's talk about that 😁

Currently assembled vintage computers I own: 11

Most important ones:
A "modded" Olivetti M4 434 S (currently broken).
An Epson El Plus 386DX running MS-DOS 6.22 (currently broken).
Celeron Coppermine 1.10GHz on an M754LMRTP motherboard

Reply 1 of 9, by dr_st

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Maybe this list is a good place to start:
http://www.mobygames.com/attribute/sheet/attr … buteId,128/p,2/

https://cloakedthargoid.wordpress.com/ - Random content on hardware, software, games and toys

Reply 2 of 9, by PhilsComputerLab

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Well what is a native / true AWE game? 🤣

Might be easier to just go for games that support the AWE directly.

There are loads, remembering them all is the issue. Descent and Descent 2 support it, System Shock I believe, Doom, Doom 2, Duke 3D and lots of others, I just don't recall them because I mostly use the General MIDI option.

YouTube, Facebook, Website

Reply 4 of 9, by jesolo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I think it's more of a question which games do not natively support the AWE32 after it was released to the market in 1994.

Most games, released after 1994 and that had (General) MIDI support, natively supported the AWE32. By that time, most "high end" DOS games were protected mode games. I can't think of that many real mode games that had native AWE32 support. Most of these were supported via the Aweutil utility in order to play back General MIDI.

I know some game companies (like Sierra) did release patches that provided native support for their earlier General MIDI games.

Reply 8 of 9, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

There was a Miles driver which could be swapped in for games that were using different Miles drivers. I remember doing that for SimFarm – though that may have been AWE64.