VOGONS

First post, by Piecho

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello,
I installed Rayman Gold on win98se. I have sound, but no music. I installed extended version, do I still need CD in the drive?
I checked also with CD (but its scrached and work really slow in drive), same result.

Reply 2 of 5, by Piecho

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

So I have to copy CD to new one, maybe it will work.
Should I know more than my CD drive speed? Do I have to check any options in burning software?

I tried to rip CD into ISO and ount virtual drive but then windows freezes. I used Magis ISO.

I will check if it plays audio CD.

Reply 3 of 5, by Kamerat

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Check mixer settings and make sure you have a cable between your sound card and CD-rom drive.

DOS Sound Blaster compatibility: PCI sound cards vs. PCI chipsets
YouTube channel

Reply 4 of 5, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Piecho wrote:

Should I know more than my CD drive speed?

No, that is largely irrelevant.

I tried to rip CD into ISO and ount virtual drive but then windows freezes. I used Magis ISO.

Obviously that is not supposed to happen. Can you mount other ISO files?

Reply 5 of 5, by Jo22

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Is this Rayman game for Windows ? If so, it likely uses the MCI interface to control the CD ROM drive.

In this case, the music is played by the drive itself and you need an audio cable between the drive and the soundcard
(or just plug headphones into the phone jack on the front of the drive).

If the cable is connected, but you don't hear anything, change the playback setting for CD audio in the control panel
(from digital audio to analogue audio). This works in both 98SE and XP.

"Time, it seems, doesn't flow. For some it's fast, for some it's slow.
In what to one race is no time at all, another race can rise and fall..." - The Minstrel

//My video channel//