VOGONS

First post, by computergeek92

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I have 2 different slockets in my collection and I wonder which mobos they will work on. Any experience with some boards to report here? I used a Powerleap Slotwonder in an Asus P2-99B mobo with a Coppermine 900 with no trouble.
But that was because I asked the seller on Ebay if it would work with the mobo's voltage chips before buying the board. Does anyone know about slocket compatibility for an Intel L440GX+? I want to use a 1.4GHz Celeron Tualatin with it.

Dedicated Windows 95 Aficionado for good reasons:
http://toastytech.com/evil/setup.html

Reply 1 of 2, by meljor

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

There are a few different slotkets:

ppga (basicly celeron only),
fcpga (coppermine supported, regulator on motherboard must support the right voltage),
fcpga2 with tualatin support (motherboard must support low voltage for tualatin. Example upgradeware Slot-T adapter),
fcpga2 with tualatin support with voltage regulator on the slotket (for example Powerleap ip3/t).

In all cases it is best that the bios version supports the cpu.

So, if the regulator on your board can go as low as 1,5v you should be able to run the tualatin celeron with an adapter like the slot-T. If the regulator does not go that low you should look for an adapter like the powerleap.

If you have the right regulator, a coppermine supporting adapter should also work if you have a modded tualatin cpu (like from the chinese ebay seller).

I don't know the ''slot wonder''. If it supports Tualatin cpu's and has it's own regulator it should work fine. Without the regulator make sure the board can at least do 1,8v and use a good cpu cooler. 1,5-1,6v is best but it can run with 1,8v. Some boards cannot go lower than 2.0v and i don't think that's healthy for the cpu....

asus tx97-e, 233mmx, voodoo1, s3 virge ,sb16
asus p5a, k6-3+ @ 550mhz, voodoo2 12mb sli, gf2 gts, awe32
asus p3b-f, p3-700, voodoo3 3500TV agp, awe64
asus tusl2-c, p3-S 1,4ghz, voodoo5 5500, live!
asus a7n8x DL, barton cpu, 6800ultra, Voodoo3 pci, audigy1

Reply 2 of 2, by flupke11

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Here's an old thread on Abit motherboards having difficulties handling the extra stress on the voltage regulators when using Slockets: http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread … 423c15879d71727

I'm planning on using two Upgradeware Slot-T adapters on an Iwill DS133R mainboard I recently bought. Any thoughts or considerations? I don't want to see this board blown, but I really want to have two Tualatins on Rambus 😀